Home Forums General Discussion How Many Clindy Iv’s?

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by lor.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    kater
    Participant

Hi All,
    well I am finally doing Clindy IV’s for my SD/Lyme. I have done 4 days in a row for the last 4 weeks and scheduled for at least 2 more weeks. I got back on the Mino (had been on Clarythromycin for a few months in place of it and wasn’t doing well.) and also Tinidazole. My skin loosened again right away on the Mino but not sure if I am seeing clear benefits from the IV”s or not? My LLND says I need to do at least 6 weeks to get through one Lyme “cycle”. I have heard people do 5 days a month long term but not sure I have heard anyone mention doing a long series like this? I may be switching onto the 5 days a month in the future. Just wondering if anyone has any input or experience with this issue. Feeling fine other than tired but it is an awful lot of wear and tear on the veins.
    cheers
    kate

Systemic Scleroderma since 2010. Lyme and Myco P. AP and many other antibiotics and treatments since Nov. 2011. Presently mostly in remission other than fatigue.
    Teva Minocycline 100mg a day. Dessicated tyroid, LDN 4.5, LDI, hawthorne, curcurmin, berberine,, caprylex, reishi mushroom, liver protect, zinc,, fish oils, magnesium, vit K2, d3, bcomp, E, C

cavalier
    Participant

Kater – it would seem if coverage was to get thru the 6 wk’s could not one weeks worth cover longer than just the days you got the IV’s?
    Couldn’t the killing process be cycling in off & on over the 6 wk’s? – is it just as effective?
    I am NOT a doc just a question – as to does he or she feel you need to have this every week during this time frame to be effective?
    Is there other cases that are being referenced?

I know some doc’s like to hit it hard & heavy. I hope your veins & you hold up to this.

Jill

lor
    Participant

Hi Kate,

I am getting IV clindy 5 days, 2xday each month. I am progressing. I was not doing very good, sprialing down for the last 2 yrs. My progress seems slow. The first round I got my lower legs back, was having trouble walking. The second round my shoulder pain went away, the 3rd round the pain in my ebows is almost gone, I am getting my 4th month now, and my knees are getting better. I was not able to tolorate exercise for the last 2 yrs. I am now going to the fitness center 3 days a week and Zumba one day a week, since January. I am getting stronger and stronger. One of the things that is helping me the most is the sauna at the fitness center. It is a steam sauna, the infarad ones are supposed to be better, but this one makes me sweat and seems to be working for me.

I have lyme induced RA.

Lori

kater
    Participant

Thank you Jill and Lor
    also will copy and paste this to the other thread on Clindy IV that Maz replied to. I am on week 5 of the IV’s now. This week I had to travel to the US so only had 2 instead of 4 but substituted orals on the two missing days. I am slotted for one more week of this –or 6 more depending on what the doc thinks. I am doing well and making some progress with my skin and hands, but not without fears of sclerosis of my veins, c diff and mrsa. It does seem a lot. Once through this the thought is to put me on sessions 5 days a week once a month and will probably be able to do them myself soon. It has not been quite the miracle I had hoped for but having said that my symptoms are very small and we are working to push back the last bit of infection–if that is possible. I am keeping up with the supplements, detox, probiotics and sauna (when the iv cath is not in) , I am very tired during the IV therapy and also trying to work 6 hour days and fit that in afterward. So appreciative of all the supportive you give me–don’t think I would be where I am today.
    with gratitude
    kate

Systemic Scleroderma since 2010. Lyme and Myco P. AP and many other antibiotics and treatments since Nov. 2011. Presently mostly in remission other than fatigue.
    Teva Minocycline 100mg a day. Dessicated tyroid, LDN 4.5, LDI, hawthorne, curcurmin, berberine,, caprylex, reishi mushroom, liver protect, zinc,, fish oils, magnesium, vit K2, d3, bcomp, E, C

kater
    Participant

Thank you Jill and Lor
    also will copy and paste this to the other thread on Clindy IV that Maz replied to. I am on week 5 of the IV’s now. This week I had to travel to the US so only had 2 instead of 4 but substituted orals on the two missing days. I am slotted for one more week of this –or 6 more depending on what the doc thinks. I am doing well and making some progress with my skin and hands, but not without fears of sclerosis of my veins, c diff and mrsa. It does seem a lot. Once through this the thought is to put me on sessions 5 days a week once a month and will probably be able to do them myself soon. It has not been quite the miracle I had hoped for but having said that my symptoms are very small and we are working to push back the last bit of infection–if that is possible. I am keeping up with the supplements, detox, probiotics and sauna (when the iv cath is not in) , I am very tired during the IV therapy and also trying to work 6 hour days and fit that in afterward. So appreciative of all the supportive you give me–don’t think I would be where I am today.
    with gratitude
    kate

lor
    Participant

Hi Kate,

I am very, very sleepy during my wk of IV’s. So much so that I don’t plan on doing much that week. I don’t feel better durning the wk I get them, I hurt. Usually I feel better the week after. Also my once a month flare has been gone for almost 2 months. 😀

I am kinda wondering how long I will have to get these. My insurance said they would pay as long as needed.

lori

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.