Home Forums General Discussion How long to wait for results?

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Participant

Hi Ann,

So sorry about your pooch. :crying:

If you decide to discuss Lyme with your rheumy you may likely be very annoyed with the response.  The doctors in Indiana buy into what the Infectious Disease doctors say in denying chronic Lyme. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Hope you can work it out with Dr. C.

Take care…..kim

p.s. In a previous post you asked about insurance.  His policy is to pay up front and then you file it yourself.  My insurance has reimbursed everything at the out-of-network rate.  I haven't heard of any LLMDs that take insurance.

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=1962]eann[/user] wrote:

My main concern is whether this will help. I have spent all my resources on various treatments over the years with little to nothing to show for it. I have been looking at personal story threads and I see that it is a long, bumpy road.

Maz, thanks for your help and info also. I would love to go to that seminar in St. Louis. I am an RN and could use it for CE credits too. My only problem is that I can't function in the morning. I can't do much before 2-3PM. I have until the 10th to register before the price goes up. I will decide by then.

Hi Ann,

I understand how you feel in the mornings…I used to have to plan my days around being better able to function later in the day, too, as mornings were a washout. Hope you manage to make the Physician's Round Table, as I understand that it's an incredible event with some great speakers.

You're right….antibiotic therapy can be a long, winding road, but it is a road that is designed to get at root causes and the only road that offers hope of remission instead of a never-ending drug train of one drug to offset another and then another. It's so important to understand the therapy in order to make a well-informed treatment choice and to also know what to expect in advance. All I can tell you is that it's worked for me and I couldn't have been more severe (well, maybe I could have been, but I just can't imagine it being more severe than it was)…it's taken me three years to get to 95% functioning, but I have done it without any form of immunosuppression. Not everyone has the luxury of coping with pain when having to work and function with children, etc. So working with a knowledgable doctor who can support you through the early days is very important. It's much harder navigating this alone with little or begrudging physician support.

If you want to see an amazing “work in progress,” check out Spacehoppa's YouTube diary. This amazing woman has coped with RA for 21 years on conventinal meds before discovering it was Lyme all along. She has been on antibiotic therapy for about half a year now and her bloodwork speaks for itself! Even if you just watch the first and last video blog entry, the progress she has made will astound you.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ruthheasman#p/u/27/xAnuMJOI5h4

http://www.rbfbb.org/view_topic.php?id=3781&forum_id=1

Hope you get through to Dr C's office okay on Monday, Ann, and so very sorry to hear about your lovely furry friend. We lost our yellow lab who was the same age last year and it crushed me…she had been my shadow since she was a pup and it was her self-appointed job to watch out for me when I was so sick…she just knew.

Ann, we're all here if you need to chat or just a shoulder to lean on while you figure all this out.

Peace, Maz

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘ How long to wait for results?’ is closed to new replies.