Home Forums General Discussion How LDN works

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    PhilC
    Participant

I just saw this short article and thought I’d pass it along. What’s particularly interesting is the statement that the dose of LDN should be no more than 4 mg.

According to Drs Zagon and McLaughlin, the OGF effect can be achieved by taking a dose of no higher than
    4mg of LDN. Quote from Dr Zagon

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Marybeth
    Participant

Phil,
    Thanks for posting as I have thought of using LDN but was and am on the back burner for considering it. My rheumatologist won’t prescribe it now as it is all new to him. I have been given a name of a doctor but that requires more money to be shelled out for the initial visit.
    I googled the two doctors to find out more about them. Came across this article.
    http://www.tnibiotech.com/investor-relations/press-releases/149-tni-biotech-acquires-exclusive-license-to-the-portfilio-of-patents-of-dr-ian-s-zagon-dr-patricia-j-mclauglin-and-dr-jill-smith-from-the-penn-state-research-foundation

Thanks again.
    Marybeth

cavalier
    Participant

LDN in my opinion is a good immune modulator, but it’s a prong, or good adjunct to use for some people, in that it is often not the single answer to correcting a disease by itself, especially in complex diseases. It often takes more than one help to get to wellness.

Jill SD, Lyme & CPn

cavalier
    Participant

I should add I do take LDN for my Lyme & Scleroderma nightly, since Sept of 2012 – it helps my immune but it is not a cure nor has it slowed progression of my SD but I consider it helpful towards fighting inflammation and for my immune to better handle the stress it’s under from these 2 diseases – however I consider AP & EDTA Chelation for combating the excess calcium I am making from the Scleroderma along with some chinese herbs by Dr Chi and a antiinflammatory diet of fresh foods to be key for me in slowing progression and reducing the excess calcium that is building in my vascular. Certainly some of us who have a Rheumatic disease have increased risk for cancer due to the high inflammatory state we are in along with bacterias etc that cause havoc with our bodies so I consider LDN from a hopeful help in keeping this risk a little lower, but I didn’t find LDN to be of much relief specifically for Scleroderma for me although there are some cases reported by some who say it can be of help, but it’s hard to say if those patients used LDN as a stand alone medicine or if it was used in combination with other med’s. Even AP alone in my situation, I needed to add more whether that’s due to having Lyme too or just how much build up of calcium on my organs I needed Chelation EDTA by suppository to start to free up my vascular as it was being hard hit by the build up of excess calcium, but I had years of undiagnosed & untreated SD damage that had really affected my circulation.
    Everyone is different is my point – it’s whatever it takes, but sometimes help comes with AP plus some other key helps, but most doc’s who dispense LDN do not give this med. as a stand alone med., it is used usually with AP in conjunction for best results.

Hope this is of some help – Jill SD, Lyme & CPn

PhilC
    Participant

There’s something else about LDN that’s probably not widely known — LDN can be pulsed. I don’t take LDN, but if I did that’s how I would use it. I would take it every other day or MWF.

Some people have reported that side effects of LDN went away after switching from daily dosing to taking LDN just two or three times a week. Considering how LDN works, it makes perfect sense.

EDIT:

That quote in my first message above was truncated when the forum was moved. Here it is again:

According to Drs Zagon and McLaughlin, the OGF effect can be achieved by taking a dose of no higher than
    4 mg of LDN. Quote from Dr Zagon – “Please do remind folks if they want LDN to work positively – and to fight
    cell proliferative diseases – 3-4 mg is the very best. We’ve tried it higher – and it is not good unless folks want to
    accelerate cell division”. However some people are extremely sensitive to Naltrexone and find a dose as low
    as 1 mg to be sufficient.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.