Home Forums General Discussion How good is fish monocycline

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    prioris
    Participant

Just to give give you a history of my monocycline use.

I have ME/CFIDS/CFS for 55 years since at least age 5. I had FMS also. Late 1990s, I experimented with a few antibiotics. I got prescription for minocin and my FMS got cured. I tried monocycline from many different pharmacies but they all failed so went back to monocin. I realized that there was a quality control problem. I tried to take that for a couple years and see if it would cure the cognitive problems but to no avail.

I did get rheumatoid arhtritis last year. I cured it with borax. It came back so I cured it again. After some more experimentation, I realized that milk was the agent that was causing it. As soon as I cut that out. I got it under control.

I want to try a couple cycles of monocycline for experimentation but I am concerned about the quality control problem. The price for human antibiotics is ridiculous and robbery.

I have tried the fish amoxicilin and that worked fine. I think most of the others work also but I need something that penetrates more deeply like the brain barrier so that brings me to minocin which I know that works.

The fish monocycline …

Minocycline HCL Capsules — Tetracycline antibiotic — Aquatic Labeled — 100 mg. strength – 50 capsules

any opinions on how good it is compared to minocin

Forum Admin
    Keymaster

@prioris wrote:

I have tried the fish amoxicilin and that worked fine. I think most of the others work also but I need something that penetrates more deeply like the brain barrier so that brings me to minocin which I know that works.

The fish monocycline …

Minocycline HCL Capsules — Tetracycline antibiotic — Aquatic Labeled — 100 mg. strength – 50 capsules

RBFV Reminder:

The Road Back Foundation (RBF) advocates for patients choosing antibiotic therapy that is prescribed by a licensed medical doctor. RBF does not support the use of the treatment with over-the counter veterinary grade antibiotics that are self-prescribed. Please read the following forum policy in this regard:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1801&p=14577#p14577

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,
    @prioris wrote:

Your reasoning for choosing minocycline is good, but lasting success is unlikely if you use only one antibiotic.

@prioris wrote:

The fish monocycline …

Those capsules are usually made by Ranbaxy Laboratories, a drug company with a less than stellar reputation. Not recommended.

For additional help, I recommend this website:
    http://cpnhelp.org/

I also recommend studying the information on these web pages:
    Treatment Protocols
    Kills Lyme Germs: A Brief Antibiotic Guide.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

richie
    Participant

Second the motion –not recommended –a generic made by a reputable maker is not exorbitant and most likely covered by insurance –there are plenty of reputable generic makers —
    richie

prioris
    Participant

I’m on medicare and the first I think $4000 in prescription cost is pretty much on me. Insurance won’t cover it. Finding doctors dealing with ME/CFIDS is very difficult. Requires a lot of travel. The first $250 comes out of my pocket plus large travel expense. Most people with this disease are in severe poverty and likely on Medicaid. Probably same with many other chronic diseases. Money is always an issue for most of the chronically ill. Many live on SSI. If push comes to shove I could buy them for higher price but rather not. Asking doctors for presciptions for these type of experimentation doesn’t elicit a positive reaction. In the 90s, there aren’t many doctors who prescribed antibiotics for these arthritic conditions. They operated outside the mainstream and tend to be sparsely located around the US. The chronically ill have a tough time finding competent help.

The medical system is broken by design so I am my own doctor. My fibromylagia never came back after treatment with minocin. I think I paid about $35 for 100 mg 60 pills back in the mid 1990s. They are price gouging now. Manufacturing costs should be dirt cheap.

It is too bad about the quality control problems with minocin. I wonder how many people were prescribed a bad quality minocycline for their chronic health problem but gave up that avenue after failure. I had to find out about the quality control problems from my own experience. Just glad I chose the minocin when I experimented.

I haven’t seen a doctor in close to 20 years except for a few chiropractor visits. I don’t take any prescriptions. I have gone all natural but I am open to experimenting with antibiotics. Except for a tooth infection using amoxicillin, I haven’t really dabbled with any antibiotics in quite a while. Broad spectrum zntibiotics wreak havoc on the gut flora but I have had minimal problems with narrow spectrum antibiotics. I had zero problems with minocin.

I want to do a another round of minocin to attempt to knock out any secondary infections in my brain that may have accumulated. Sort of like a cleanse. I would play it by ear after that. Minocin is also good for the immune system so probably why they raised the price. There aren’t that many prescription medications that actually do positive things. Not aiming to take it long term. I can knock out any residual RA that pops up with just borax pretty quick. My RA has been relatively quiet the past 12 months.

Thanks for the information about Ranbaxy Laboratories.

According to this link … some people have had good results with Ranbaxy minocin

http://www.tmgp.com/minocin.htm

After I wrote my post I did dawn on me to send mail to the company and ask who makes their minocin. I will let you know who that say the manufacturer is assuming they reply.

One of the negative reactions with the stronger antibiotics for me is the diarrhea and gut problems. I came across something called Saccharomyces Boulardii which treats antibiotic diarrhea. It may allow me to experiment a little more.

richie
    Participant

Medicare unto itself doesnt cut it –a secondary plan is important as is a drug plan –all
    PDPs are different and having a 4000 deductible sounds like a real lousy plan —Having proper coverage is crucial but very perplerxing –that is why competent advice is important —I beg to differ- most chronically ill folks are not on SSI as they usually worked 40 quarters before becoming ill –this qualifies them for regular social security if they are old enough or social security disability if sick enough —SSi is generally a very small amount monthly and generally for folks who dont have enough quarters and many many doctors will not treat people on medicaid —
    richie

prioris
    Participant

Just to put the economic situation for the disabled into perspective

In the US …

The average SSD payment in 2014 is $1,148 per month. medicare will cost 100+ per month. Usually no food stamp benefits. Medicare.

SSI benefit is ~737 per month plus some food stamp benefits. Medicaid is pretty crappy.

There is no health plan that covers dental. Better keep up with the hydrogen peroxide and baking soda.

Divorce rates among disabled are very high so many have one income.

The number one reason why people go into poverty in developed countries has been for health reasons

richie
    Participant

Hi I do agree with your figures –it only points up the need for secondary insurance —
    richie

prioris
    Participant

I sent mail messages to aquatic and they said they are closed due for a period in order to conform to new rules and regulation. Couldn’t get anymore info from them.

Anonymous
    Participant

What is SSI and SSD? Thank you.
    Linda L.

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Linda-
    They are American social security programs.

richie
    Participant

SSI–Supplemental Security Income

SSD –Social Security Disability

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.