Home Forums General Discussion How do you choose probiotic brands?

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Luck20
    Participant

I just cant find good info on this. Do they really need to be refridgerated brands? Once, I had stomach pain from a brand and I can’t figure out why. I’ve used multiple brands and never had a problem…

So what do you look for in probiotics? How do you know if their effective?

Thanks!

Originally +Ana May 2018 (now negative Jan 2019), scleroderma or uctd, Morphea (now mostly gone!), Myositis ( better now) Probable Lyme w/coinfections, had Bartonella marks that disappeared,
    Mild reflux, mostly gone,mild ild, skin hardening (continued softening and some parts normal again) Impaired liver function, now normal after 1 year and CK, LDH all normal again, 14 mo after starting ap.

Minocin m-f 2x, antibiotic rotation, ldn 4.5, cellcept 3000, probiotics, Monolaurens, Olive leaf extract, fish

Linda L
    Participant

I know that you must change probiotics.

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Linda L
    Participant

I mean you must keep changing it.

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Pinkmoth
    Keymaster

I actually don’t really know – it’s a good question which type works best – therefore I actually take multiple kinds.
    refrigerated, spore-based and “regular” shelf stable (like pb8)

right now I’m taking pb8, mega sporebiotic, probiomend 100, restoreflora and renewlife ultimate Flora. none of them seem to be bothersome so I just choose differently from a few of these varieties daily

Autoimmune: ANA positive speckled. Probable MCTD with SD overlap. Hashimoto's. Possible Erlos Danlos. Mold Illness.
    Infections: Bartonella, toxoplasmosis, mycoplasma, EBV
    Meds: minocycline (Zydus generic) 100mg 1x daily,
    Supps: digestive enzymes, Monolaurin, Betaine hydrochloric acid, iron, quercetin, biocidin

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

I have a couple favourite such as Mutaflor and ProBio Gen but the absolute best ar is the one on the Dr. Mercola site 700billion bugs

Linda L
    Participant

I keep always Lactobac in the fridge /Australia/ and take it from time to time, rather rarely. But something interesting has happened to me recently. About three months ago 3 x 1 cm eczema appeared under my right eye on a cheek. Doctors didn’t know what it was, one said “shingles”. Three months later it was still on my skin, maybe a little bit smaller. Then I started to take Yakult fermented milk every single day. After two days it started to disappear and today after seven days it has nearly gone. Please note that I don’t work for Yakult. I am very happy about it because a doctor wanted to put me on antibiotics for shingles.

vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Luck20
    Participant

Thanks for all the replys, I’m going to look into the ones mentioned. I just want to check and see what others are using. Thanks so much!

Originally +Ana May 2018 (now negative Jan 2019), scleroderma or uctd, Morphea (now mostly gone!), Myositis ( better now) Probable Lyme w/coinfections, had Bartonella marks that disappeared,
    Mild reflux, mostly gone,mild ild, skin hardening (continued softening and some parts normal again) Impaired liver function, now normal after 1 year and CK, LDH all normal again, 14 mo after starting ap.

Minocin m-f 2x, antibiotic rotation, ldn 4.5, cellcept 3000, probiotics, Monolaurens, Olive leaf extract, fish

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.