Home Forums General Discussion High fat diet

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Linda L
    Participant

domgro,
    What medications do you take now? I am not sure if your signature is updated.
    Linda L.

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

domgro
    Participant

right now I take 1mg prednisone.
    I still have swellings,skinprobs (rash,itching),feel often tired but it is the first therapy that has reduced the swellings and improved many other issues I had for a long time like dry mouth,stuffed nose.
    since my inflammation was already low before the AB therapy (due to the starchbased whole foods plant based diet) I might feel the effects of the AB that fast or because of the enzyme inhibiting and anti inflammatory properties.
    I’ll try to reduce within the next days to 0,5mg or 0,75mg

I will start a personal progress thread soon

enzed
    Participant

@Linda L wrote:

I haven
    t found much about Atkins’ and other high fat diets on our forum. In 2012 Katherine Poehlmann wrote that she and her husband followed Atkins’ diet. When I was buying something in a health food shop last week I was given some printed pages with an article about high fate diets.They mention here a highly respected Dr Weston Price who documented that people who enjoy the abundant health consume a diet which consisted of 50%-65% fat.He has written a book “Nutrition and Physical Degeneration”. Another advocate for a high fat diet is the renowned Dr Jan Kwasniewski of Poland who is the author of six books and nominee of the Nobel Prize in Medicine in 1999.Dr Kwasniewski recommends three basic guidelines:
    1. Eat 1g of protein for every kilogram of your ideal body weight /eg. lean meat/
    2. Eat 2.5-3.5g of fat for every gram of protein /a lot of fat/
    3. Eat 0.8g of carbohydrate for every gram of protein.
    It is crucial to avoid the bad fats like trans fats, margarine, refined or heat pressed oils and polyunsaturated fats.
    They claim that it is a highly anti-inflammatory diet and is consistent with a traditional diet of French who boast the lowest heart disease and stroke rates in the world and consume more fat per capita /also butter/ than any other nation.
    Old cook books /I have one issued in 1914/ also have all recipes with hips of eggs eg. 20 eggs for 1 kg of cheese to make a cheese cake.
    I have avoided fat all my life /even butter/ . I have tried many thing for my RA. So I am going to introduce more fat into my diet and see what happens.
    I wonder if anyone of you has tried this diet.
    Linda L.

Linda, You might find this youtube video helpful in explaining the low carb diet.
    It’s an interview with Dr Eric Westman – ‘Dubunking Low Carb Myths’.

Linda L
    Participant

Thank you Enzed.

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.