Home Forums General Discussion Hi! Its been a long time! LDI and strong herbs!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    casey
    Participant

Hi Everyone,
    It has been a very long time since i have been on RBF so i will give a little history first. I live in Ontario Canada and was diagnosed in 2006 with Mixed Connective Tissue Disease. I did manage to find an AP doctor back then. Within a year, I was then diagnosed with Lyme disease with many co-infections . Over time on different antibiotics, with many steps forward and many back , i developed liver problems and had to go off antibiotics altogether. This of course caused my disease to relapse and I had to find something different. Last year i started LDI ( low dose immunotherapy), NOT LOW DOSE NALTREXONE) to “retrain” my immune system along with strong herbs to kill bacteria/viruses/fungi. I have been doing well on this treatment so far. I do know LDI can be used with herbs or in conjunction with antibiotics. I wish you all well and will keep you updated

bonnielou
    Keymaster

Hi Casey and nice to see you here. I remember you from earlier days, as we came on the board about the same time. I am sorry you have had such a challenging road back, but Lyme disease and it’s co-infections make for a complex situation. Good to hear you are responding to LDI — I am not that familiar with that therapy and will check it out. Hope you see continued improvement.

Bonnie Lou
    RA 02/07,AP 10/07
    Minocycline 200mg MWF; Plaquenil 100mg 3 days/week
    Fish Oil, Ubiquinol, Turmeric, Vit C (2 grams) , MultiVit, Magnesium, Astaxanthin, D3 (5000), probiotics and a daily dose of yoga!

TrustingGod
    Participant

Could you please provide the group with some information about LDI and how it works?

casey
    Participant

I copied this info off a website to explain LDI simply.

-————-—
    RBFV Message: as per forum policy and guidelines (at top of forum above), please note that this message was edited to remove info copied from another website that may be subject to copyright. The link to this info was located and you can now click on the title below to read this info directly on that site. Thank you for your understanding.

-——————
    What is Low Does Immunotherapy (LDI)?

You can also search
    https://www.holtorfmed.com/low-dose-immunotherapy-ldi/
    or google: low dose immunotherapy for lyme
    low dose immunotherapy for autoimmune diseases
    or Dr. ty vincent
    There is lots of info out there on LDI
    Hope this helps!

To me the treatment makes sense if you believe in the molecular mimicry theory. I had 12 years of antibiotic therapy which definitely helped and resolved many symptoms but i still had a disease that wasn’t in remission. Last year my liver tests became very abnormal and every time i stopped antibiotics the tests would return to normal and my symptoms would return. My AP doc began using LDI in the office so i started the program. This year i found a ND very close to my area that uses LDI to “retrain” my immune system and herbs to kill bacteria. I personally do not believe in the use of LDI WITHOUT herbs or antibiotics to kill bugs but thats just me.

eagle26
    Participant

Can you give us examples of the herbs or other supplements you use along with ldl?

Reactive Arthritis+ tachycardia+ prostatitis. 2015 till now. Just a short remission 4 months.
    NAC, vit e, krill oil, vit b 1000 mcg daily, vit d 2000 iu daily and quercetin 500 mg twice a day.

Luck20
    Participant

Yes, that makes total sense to use herbs with LDI. Was that your idea or the drs? Which herbs are you using and in which form? (Pills, tictures)

What form of ldi are you using? Injections, drops? How does your dr have your specific formulation made up? Do you know what it’s made up of? I read a little on ldi, but forgive me if I’m misunderstanding it or your dr is offering a different version that what I’m asking about.

But, please tell us more! Thanks!

Originally +Ana May 2018 (now negative Jan 2019), scleroderma or uctd, Morphea (now mostly gone!), Myositis ( better now) Probable Lyme w/coinfections, had Bartonella marks that disappeared,
    Mild reflux, mostly gone,mild ild, skin hardening (continued softening and some parts normal again) Impaired liver function, now normal after 1 year and CK, LDH all normal again, 14 mo after starting ap.

Minocin m-f 2x, antibiotic rotation, ldn 4.5, cellcept 3000, probiotics, Monolaurens, Olive leaf extract, fish

casey
    Participant

Both myself and the ND agreed on the use of herbs with LDI. My ND trained and worked with many patients in the Maritimes where Lyme disease has been rampant for years and the LDI/herb combo allowed most of the patients live normal pain free lives with the exception of a few . My AP doc that I have also has success with LDI but I am not sure what and if herbs are combined at that clinic.

The trick with LDI is to get the right dose which takes time so you start low and work up. If the dose is too high you will flare within four days . If it is the right dose you will feel great within 4 days. If the dose is too low there will be no change and you take a higher dose and go through the same procedure until you feel well. The doses are done in diabetic needles squirted under the tongue and held for 30 seconds then swallow.

My LDI is the Lyme mixture: It is a basic mixture with antigens of different strains of borrelia, babesia, bartonella, etc etc etc. I do a Mycoplasma one separate.

My herb protocol is a mixture of:
    Crytolepsis
    Japanese knotweed
    Teasel root
    Cats claw
    Sida acuta
    I worked up to 15 drops of this mixture 2x a day
    I take it for 3 weeks

Then I do :
    Beyond Balance MC Babs 2
    Pro Myco
    Mycroregen
    For 1 week

And then repeat.

All are tinctures.

I also take Berberine everyday and ivermectin every week. DMSA every other weekend.(My idea because i had it on hand)

For supplements I take magnesium, Nac, R-ALA,fish oil, vitamin c and a multi vitamin/multimineral

I also take nattokinase or serrapeptase when I wake up in the night..again My idea because i have it on hand.

Also LDI is actually very affordable.

The herbs are more expensive .

Hope this answers your questions.

Luck20
    Participant

Thanks for all the details. That’s so interesting! I’ve never heard of that combination of things.

So you did 12 years of antibiotics first? Which ones if you don’t mind me asking?

I’ve always wondered what is the missing link between doing AP and holding the disease in remission to making the jump to be rid of the disease… I always wonder what could be done NOW with antibiotics, so that if antibiotics weren’t available in the future or the kind that works for me is discontinued, I could remain remission, healed. There has to be an answer….

Thanks so much for sharing your treatment. 🙂

Originally +Ana May 2018 (now negative Jan 2019), scleroderma or uctd, Morphea (now mostly gone!), Myositis ( better now) Probable Lyme w/coinfections, had Bartonella marks that disappeared,
    Mild reflux, mostly gone,mild ild, skin hardening (continued softening and some parts normal again) Impaired liver function, now normal after 1 year and CK, LDH all normal again, 14 mo after starting ap.

Minocin m-f 2x, antibiotic rotation, ldn 4.5, cellcept 3000, probiotics, Monolaurens, Olive leaf extract, fish

eagle26
    Participant

Thank you Casey for detailed explanation. I am very that you have been doing well on this treatment.
    I want to add some of the herbs with my supplement regime. Thanks a lot.

Reactive Arthritis+ tachycardia+ prostatitis. 2015 till now. Just a short remission 4 months.
    NAC, vit e, krill oil, vit b 1000 mcg daily, vit d 2000 iu daily and quercetin 500 mg twice a day.

Linda L
    Participant

Is it like a vaccination injecting different bacterias and toxins in order to induce an immune response?

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

casey
    Participant

Luck20,
    Yes I did 12 years of antibiotics. I pulsed pretty much everything that is out there . Did well on them but relapsed every time i stopped .
    Linda L,
    Immunotherapy is more like an allergy shot.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.