Home Forums General Discussion Hi everyone I’m back

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rosey UK
    Participant

Hello,
    It’s a while since I was here but I’ve been in a bit of a state for a long time.
    I have RA and mixed connective tissue, sjogrens, osteoporosis broken 8 vertebrae and shrunk with round back.
    Last year I had a really bad cough that hurt my spine so much and that’s when the damage was done. This year coughed since January this year again and sputum test was Haemophilus influenza I have bronchiectasis. I’ve been having introvenious antibiotics every day for two weeks at hospital tomorrow is the last day. The doctor wants me to have long term Azithromyycin MWF. I asked if I could instead have Doxycycline, it was the only way I was going to get close to having DR Browns protocol having been refused in the past.
    The doctor at the hospital agreed to the doxy but said it would be 100 mg each day. Although She would rather I went on Azithromicin. The reason I gave her was it stopped my sjogrens dry eyes, mouth and throat. This is true.
    I know others on here are taking Azithromycin, I hope I’ve done the right thing, and if anyone has had good results with dryness taking Azithromycin I would love to know.

Many thanks for reading
    Stay well!
    Rosemary UK

JohnnyMax
    Participant

Hi Rosey, nice to see you back, was wondering what became of you. Last I remember you were trying taik your doctor into putting you on minocycline again but were having a time of it.

I don’t get on here much anymore, busy with life in general, but I do check in from time to time. I recall a while back when I was looking for advice on the antibiotics what worked best for Sjogren’s. your reply was Doxy. Since I have Primary Sjogren’s it may be a little different, can’t say for sure. The doxycycline I did not feel bad on, when I changed to Minocycline it seemed to not help at all, it just progressed as usual. I also tried Azithromycin, Clarithromycin and managed to get by mail order Roxithromycin, none of these seemed to even slow it down, so I have to say from the antibiotics you mentioned, the Doxycycline was the better one. Like I said it may be different between Primary and Secondary Sjogren’s, but the Magic Bullet for me were the anti-virals, both prescription and natural. it seems that they have traced Sjogren’s to the cytomegalovirus, so I directed my efforts in that direction with good luck. You may want to look into that if the Doxy doesn’t do it for you. I dealt with an immunologist, which I believe is much better for something like that than the rheumys were, so keep that in mind too. Hope you feel much better once you are on the right meds. Good luck!@

John

Rosey UK
    Participant

Hi John,
    Nice to hear from you, and glad you’ve found something that help the sjogrens.
    It may be different if it’s not secondary, I don’t know.
    As I said the consultant wanted me to continue with azythromicin but I aske for Doxycycline just because I knew it helped with my sjogrens. Any how I will look into the ones that’s helped you and glad you’ve found them.

Take care John and stay well!

Rosemary 😎 PS m on my holidays at the moment lol

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.