Home Forums General Discussion Herxheimer Reaction- Calling all seasoned Vets!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Woods1977
    Participant

Hi Friends

Maz
    Keymaster

@Woods1977 wrote:

Felt really good for almost 2 months, but now I

Woods1977
    Participant

Dear Dr. Maz

Maz
    Keymaster

@Woods1977 wrote:

If you don

Maz
    Keymaster

@Ruffian wrote:

Maz,

Looking at the tests on True Health Labs (where I’ve ordered a few) I only see Mycoplasma Pneumonia IgG and IgM. Is this the one to test for?

Cass

Cass, I’m doing a bit of a dash right now, so forgive me as I can only answer quickly. I’m not familiar with True Health Labs, I’m afraid, so don’t know what kind of testing they’re doing or how efficacious their testing will be. There are many strains of myco, as mentioned above, so just testing for one may not provide all the answers you need and a negative test isn’t always negative (also see above re: TARCI info). Most folks nowadays (myself included) don’t bother with myco testing for AP unless the doc needs it to initiate therapy or get IVs covered or to just to a check that titers are negative when remission is reached (if positive initially). In other words, AP is efficacious for rheumatic disease regardless of myco testing.

Hope that helps…here are some of the labs recommended at rheumatic.org for myco testing:

Clongen Laboratories, LLC
    Middle Brook Tech Park
    12321 Middle Brook Road, Suite 120
    Germantown, MD 20874
    Phone: 301-916-0173
    Toll Free: 1-877-256-6436
    Fax No: 301-916-0175
    Dr. Ahmed Kilani, Founder and Laboratory Director

Medical Diagnostic Laboratories
    133 Gaither Drive, Suite C
    Mt. Laurel, New Jersey 08054
    Toll free – 1-877-269-0090
    Phone: 609-608-1696
    Fax: 609-608-1667
    E-mail: SALES@MDLAB.COM

US Biotek Laboratories, Inc.
    13758 Lake City Way NE
    Seattle, WA 98125
    Phone: (206) 365-1256
    Fax: (206) 363-8790
    Email Customer Service: info@usbiotek.com

The Arthritis Research Center (TARCI – Brown used this lab and it is run by Millie Coker-Vann, his lab technician. However, she is currently in poor health and close to retirement. As she runs this testing in batches every few months, results may take an extended period to be returned and can be erratic).
    504 E. Diamond Avenue, Suite I
    Gaithersburg, MD 20877
    Phone: (301) 216-1231
    Fax: (301) 216-0302
    [Offers PCR and antibody mycoplasma tests]
    Click here for more information

A Friend
    Participant

@Woods1977 wrote:

Hi Friends

Woods1977
    Participant

AF-
    Thanks for your feedback…. it’s good stuff!! 🙂

dixiegirl
    Participant

I’ve been on mino 2 months now. Every few days I’ll get shooting little pains in my joints–it reminds me of the symptoms I had at the very beginning of my RA experience–but it only bothers me a few minutes and then goes back/comes away for the day. I also will get muscle tension in my back and stuff like that. This is the biggest herx I can think of that I’ve experienced, though I feel awesome now symptom-wise. I use a sauna 2x/week… it took away the back tension last week =)
    if you want to detox, a far-infrared sauna will really help–be wary of cheap saunas though!!

A Friend
    Participant

@dixiegirl wrote:

I’ve been on mino 2 months now. Every few days I’ll get shooting little pains in my joints–it reminds me of the symptoms I had at the very beginning of my RA experience–but it only bothers me a few minutes and then goes back/comes away for the day. I also will get muscle tension in my back and stuff like that. This is the biggest herx I can think of that I’ve experienced, though I feel awesome now symptom-wise. I use a sauna 2x/week… it took away the back tension last week =)
    if you want to detox, a far-infrared sauna will really help–be wary of cheap saunas though!!

Dixiegirl,

I agree with you about the FIR sauna. That was the first thing it did for me a number of years ago… to address some chronic pain I was having up and down my spine. Would you mind sharing the protocols you use before, during, and/or after you sauna?

Dr. Sherry Rogers in her book, Painfree in Six Weeks, has many praises for the FIR and recommends numerous things we need to do to replace the minerals and electrolytes we sweat out during the saunas.

Anyone new, especially, will benefit knowing some different protocols used by others. And, I’d also like to know.

Thanks,
    AF

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.