Home Forums General Discussion Herbs Reducing Fibrosis and Myositis

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Luck20
    Participant

Has anyone had any luck with herbs reducing skin fibrosis? I’ve seen references to these herbs working for it.

Stephania
    Cordycepts

Maybe Serrapeptase or Nattokinase (sp?)

Originally +Ana May 2018 (now negative Jan 2019), scleroderma or uctd, Morphea (now mostly gone!), Myositis ( better now) Probable Lyme w/coinfections, had Bartonella marks that disappeared,
    Mild reflux, mostly gone,mild ild, skin hardening (continued softening and some parts normal again) Impaired liver function, now normal after 1 year and CK, LDH all normal again, 14 mo after starting ap.

Minocin m-f 2x, antibiotic rotation, ldn 4.5, cellcept 3000, probiotics, Monolaurens, Olive leaf extract, fish

worldofme
    Participant

Can you tell me more about your myositis?

How did they diagnosed myositis? Has abx helped?

Luck20
    Participant

I’m not positive on the myositis diagnosis. It might just be part of scleroderma. I refused a muscle biopsy, but my labs showed muscle damage and it was written on my chart. Some numbers were insanely high for ck, adolase and another I can’t remember. Yes, I’m doing better and better everyday! My legs would get shakey and I’d feel weak. I could barely walk a block at one point. Now I can walk 4-5 times that. I still have a ways to go, but its happening! Yes, I believe its the antibiotics. I’m at 11 months now. My low point was last fall and for muscle weakness, I remember feeling weak just going up a couple flights of stairs in Dec. Then it all started to turn around. It takes time. I see positive changes every week and I feel so grateful!

Originally +Ana May 2018 (now negative Jan 2019), scleroderma or uctd, Morphea (now mostly gone!), Myositis ( better now) Probable Lyme w/coinfections, had Bartonella marks that disappeared,
    Mild reflux, mostly gone,mild ild, skin hardening (continued softening and some parts normal again) Impaired liver function, now normal after 1 year and CK, LDH all normal again, 14 mo after starting ap.

Minocin m-f 2x, antibiotic rotation, ldn 4.5, cellcept 3000, probiotics, Monolaurens, Olive leaf extract, fish

worldofme
    Participant

I have similar symptoms in regards to myositis. My ck levels are high with all other testing being neg. I even had a biopsy which fail to show muscle inflammation. However, doxy is preventing any muscle loss. No doc can tell me why and yes i have seen by John Hopkins myositis center and they couldn’t tell me what’s going on.

Do you know your ck #?

Luck20
    Participant

I didn’t do the biopsy because I read it wasn’t useful unless it was in just the right spot. I was also concerned with my skin thicking and ability to heal from it.

My CK at its highest was 3110 and now its 743. Should be 30-200, but HUGE improvement!

My LDH was 1316 at its worst and is now 234. Should be 94-172. I’m getting there!

My Assay of Aldolase was 56 at its highest and now is 12. <7.7 is best.

My liver labs are now totally in normal range as well.

I’m also on Cellcept/mycophenalate in addition to AP. At some point, I want to change to strictly ap, but my symptoms came on so strong originally, I didn’t feel like I could wait and needed to take multiple approaches. Last summer, I seriously thought I’d be in a wheelchair by the end of the year… No one told me that, but considering how fast things were progressing and how weak I was I figured it was a real possibility. I am to grateful to be getting better!

Luck20
    Participant

Fyi, my Ana went NEGATIVE in January from being high positive the previous year when diagnosed. I read this happens with AP, but it was also the Elise test which I heard isn’t as accurate. Who knows? I only base so much on testing. I care more about how I feel. I know I’m headed into remission and will someday be writing a success story too. 🙂

worldofme
    Participant

Did you have myositis panel testing?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.