Home Forums General Discussion Help with labs

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ellie6
    Participant

Long story short I have a history of Lyme but have been out of treatment and feeling pretty well for several years. For the past year I have had issues with vocal tremors. I had a thorough evaluation recently with a top laryngologist which he felt was spasmodic dysphonia with tremor. I am due to have Botox injections to my vocal cords in a few weeks. In the mean time I saw my PCP who wanted to run some blood work. I receiv3d the results today.
    ANA SCREEN. POSITIVE
    ANA PATTERN. HOMOGENOUS
    ANA TITER. 1:40 high

I do have a family history of lupus and MS. I myself have hashimotos and possibly psoriatic arthritis or ankylosing spondylitis. Do I need to be concerned about lupus?

Spiffy1

My rheumatologist would write those numbers off in a heartbeat. She would look at it and say that is the closest thing to being negative you can have. While on minocyclene my ANA either tests negative or at 1:40 consistently. It changes from homogenous to something like speckled I think. They do not stay the same. Next time you get tested it may be back negative. It may be a different pattern and of course it could be higher. It is good to keep a check on it. But 1:40 is nothing to get worked up about or change your medication for. Now someone else may have a different interpretation. But my rheumatologist pays no attention to it. She says plenty of healthy people would test the same.

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.