Home Forums General Discussion Help

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    efg
    Participant

Hello,
    I had a RA diagnosis in 2013. I started AP in 2014, which I continued until January of this year. My Rheumy prescribed the mino. I was feeling pretty good until I changed doctors because my insurance changed. The new doctor refused to put me on AP and put me on plaquenil. I’m noticing more and more stiffness and feeling worse and worse. I want to go back to AP BUT don’t have AP doctor near me. Also gluten free, dairy free and avoid all tomato/pepper/potato family. If knew where to find Minocyline, I would go solo.

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi EFG;
    Do you think that your family doctor could write a prescription for you? Did he/she notice how well you were doing on AP?If your insurance won’t pay for your mino you could get it here in Canada as it is relatively inexpensive.Despite having SD I have not seen a rheumatologist since 2003 and only see my family doc once a year to renew my prescription.He knows that I know way more about this disease than him and that I know which antibiotics are needed.We both agree that seeing a rheumy is a waste of time and money as he is sure that no rheumy would ever prescribe antibiotics

vinny
    Participant

Lynne, you are so right. I have seen 2 rheumatologists and neither had any interest in helping me. One said I had to quit everything I was taking before he would treat me. I do the research and my primary care internist does the prescribing. Minocycline is listed as an “off label treatment for autoimmune diseases. Minocycline capsules don’t work for me so I have buy tablets out of pocket. I buy generic 100mg Minoz tablets made in India and supplied by http://www.alldaychemist.com for $55.19 plus $15.00 for shipping. I usually get them in 10 business days. These have worked very well for me and currently take no NSAID’s

Psoriatic Arthritis: 100mg Minoz Minocycline TABLET daily; twice daily 400mg Pentoxifylline;125mcg Levotyroxine: Have been using some level of Minocycline since 2008

vinny
    Participant

The cost on the Minoz is for 90 pills.

Psoriatic Arthritis: 100mg Minoz Minocycline TABLET daily; twice daily 400mg Pentoxifylline;125mcg Levotyroxine: Have been using some level of Minocycline since 2008

efg
    Participant

Thank you so much ladies, I don’t think my Primary care would do that because it would look like she’s undercutting my rheumalogist. Thank you for the website, I will try to use it. Earlier on this website some people had issues with minocycline from india. Is this a different brand?

Does your PC write a prescription for LDN?
    EFG.

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi EFG;
    Could you get a new family doctor?I had my best success with brand new doctor fresh out of school as they think oustide the box more than the old onesI really don’t think that most doctors know how mino/zith work other than being an antibiotic.They control the Interlukins that cause inflamation as well as Transfer Growth Factor 1-b that causes out fibrosis.Being in med/school for the last few years has given me a chance to find lost of great info on how these drugs work.Mind you all I have is in French but I have found comparable English versions mostly from Pub Med or Medscape.I can inundate you with links if you want the info.
    Re LDN,doctors here know even less and prescribe even less so I just get mine directly from Ian who heads up the “buylowdosenaltrexone.com “site as well as the ” lowdosenaltrexone4pets ” site. I costs me around 50$ for 10 50mg tablets that I simply disolve in 50ml of water.Between me and a trio of old arthritic cats one tablet lasts about 5 weeks.Cats are a good 50% better when on it but I am not sure whether it helps me or not but I am not about to go off of it to find out if I regress.I think it’s probably the LDN that alows me to only take 100mg of doxy a day or other day

vinny
    Participant

EFG
    Minoz is an India brand and works very well for me. Humana will only supply me with capsules and they don’t care that they don’t work. Humana buys the cheapest junk they can purchase and you have no idea where it is made. I actually trust the India produced drugs, since a lot of generics distributed in the United States are made in India.

kater
    Participant

I have now had two rheumys prescribe Minocycline for me as they see how well I am doing. Also general practitioners and naturopaths. I am in Canada so I know it is different but just keep digging and hopefully you will get help
    good luck
    kate

Systemic Scleroderma since 2010. Lyme and Myco P. AP and many other antibiotics and treatments since Nov. 2011. Presently mostly in remission other than fatigue.
    Teva Minocycline 100mg a day. Dessicated tyroid, LDN 4.5, LDI, hawthorne, curcurmin, berberine,, caprylex, reishi mushroom, liver protect, zinc,, fish oils, magnesium, vit K2, d3, bcomp, E, C

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

I forgot to add that I take 3.5ml of LDN every night

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.