Home Forums General Discussion Hello Friends

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Hello all:

I don’t stop by to post often but today I found myself sitting around the house with not much to do so I thought I would stop in and say hello to RBF friends old and new.

My daughter, Jessica, came home for a pit stop on her way to the Sierras to go snow skiing with a few of her friends. That may not seem like a big deal, but to those who know her story, one of severe raynauds that almost cost her a finger before starting AP, well, the fact that today, more than 12 years after her first symptoms of scleroderma hit, she is up snow skiing, that seemed like reason to celebrate and reflect.

She was a pretty sick kiddo back then, now, those closest to her, even though they themselves are MD’s have no idea she has systemic scleroderma. They do know she has raynauds and they tease her about her funny red, white and blue finger tips. It doesn’t bother her one bit.

I hope you all are progressing on your journey to wellness!

All the best,

Cheryl

Airen
    Participant

So wonderful to hear Cheryl. I couldn’t imagine seeing my child go through something like this but am so glad to hear you are beaming and she is doing well.

Diagnosed with RA in October 2014, pain started in February 2014
    Started AP in June 2015
    Taking daily: 32.5 mg WP thyroid 6 am, 100 mg mino 9 am, 16.25 mg WP thyroid 2 pm, B Complex for MTHFR mutation 3 pm, Multivitamin 3pm, 100 bil powdered probiotics 6 pm, 5-8,000 iu Vit D 6 pm, 100 mg mino 9 pm

jasregadoo

Thanks for sharing Cheryl. It is always great to hear success stories. For some reason I thought that AP would help with Raynauds as well? I don’t know why I assumed that. I am glad to hear that she is doing so well.

richie
    Participant

Hi Great to hear from you -a truly great story about Jess —so good to hear about it again —it should give everyone hope and determination !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!–Richie

Randy
    Participant

Hi Cheryl,

Thanks for the update! Please give our love to Jessica.

Randy

Diffuse SD since Apr '07
    AP since Feb '08
    100mg Mino twice daily
    Stopped Clindamycin IVs Aug 2019
    "No one should profit over someone else's illness"

sunny22
    Participant

Great to hear Cheryl! Thank you for sharing and I am so happy things are going well 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.