Home Forums General Discussion heat intolerance

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Maz.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    casey
    Participant

Hello,
    I am wondering if anyone has experienced, is familiar with or knows if this can be related to chronic infections.
    My 21 yr old son has some form of rheumatic disease, lyme, not sure and was treated with abx for quite some time. Last year the doctor took him off mino and rifampin but kept him on clindamycin 600mg 2xweek.
    He recently informed me that since January when he gets hot he cannot sweat and breaks out in a rash. The rash disappears as fast as it comes as soon as he cools off.
    Last night we tried him in a Epson salt bath. Within 3 minutes he was rashes from head to toe. This resolved as soon as he got out and cooled down. He also has an elevated IGE.
    Does anyone know if these symptoms tie into lyme coinfections?
    Thanks,
    Casey

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Casey,

Long time, no see! Oh my goodness! Your son is now 21????

Sorry about his rash….the only thing that comes to mind from your description is Fifth Disease (parvovirus B19). I got this in my early 30s and in adults mimics RA and lupus with the butterfly rash it causes on the cheeks. It also causes a lacey, reticular-like rash on the body that appears when you are hot, in the sun, in the shower/bath, etc.

http://www.healthcommunities.com/fifth-disease/children/fifth-disease-in-children-teens.shtml

That’s not to say his symptoms aren’t related to Lyme in some way, just that your description reminded me of Fifth disease.

Hope he feels better soon. In (healthy) adults, if they get swollen, painful joints with it, it can take a few months to resolve.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.