Home Forums General Discussion Healthy Gut Summit

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kater
    Participant

There are some interesting presentations if you look at
    www. healthygutsummit.com Sorry it wont let me copy the link so you will have to put it in your browser. Each is just available for a day. There is one posted today. We talk a lot about leaky gut and how it relates to rheumatic disorders so I don’t think it is really off topic.

kate

Systemic Scleroderma since 2010. Lyme and Myco P. AP and many other antibiotics and treatments since Nov. 2011. Presently mostly in remission other than fatigue.
    Teva Minocycline 100mg a day. Dessicated tyroid, LDN 4.5, LDI, hawthorne, curcurmin, berberine,, caprylex, reishi mushroom, liver protect, zinc,, fish oils, magnesium, vit K2, d3, bcomp, E, C

A Friend
    Participant

EDIT: More and more, I began seeing the terms “Functional Medicine” and Functional Medicine Physician and reading information. This field of medicine seems to be springing up all over the country… as people are learning about this field. I see this as physicians who are recognizing how people are suffering unnecessarily, and want to be involved with this type medical treatment.

There were references below to “Functional Medicine” (and Functional Medicine Physicians). With the diagnoses most of us have, it is (or CAN BE) very important to have a physician knowledgeable of Functional Medicine, who I understand treats the “causes” and not just address our unpleasant symptoms. Here are links I’ve saved, and thought if some of you are not yet acquainted with the seemingly new terms “Functional Medicine and Functional Physicians”, it might be good for all of us to become better acquainted with these terms. I remember recently seeing a link where patients can do an online search and find these in their areas, or closer to their area. You may be interested to know a well-known and respected clinic (Cleveland Clinic) has announced publicly their decisions about including this field of treatment in the clinic. All of this makes me so happy — because all of us need medical providers with this knowledge, and gives us more hope (and hopefully finanacial relief)!

Functional Medical Doctors & Information Links
    1. Institute for Functional Medicine > Home
    http://www.functionalmedicine.orgCached
    The template for applying systems biology in clinical practice is emerging to create better outcomes for patients, and we are moving from medicine for the average to …
    o What is Functional
    Functional medicine addresses the underlying causes of…

Best to you all…. AF [end of edit]

Hi Kater & Everyone,

I came here just now to paste a link, and found you also have posted about it, Kater.

Hope the link opens for those interested. This young woman physician was responsible for the ” Autoimmune Summit” that was held for a week, with many outstanding functional medicine physicians/speakers not too long ago.

Hope this link opens. If not, I will look for another way that will work for us here.

http://www.amymyersmd.com/2015/02/pillar-i-heal-your-gut/
    The Autoimmune Solution Pillar I: Heal Your Gut

Best to you all,
    AF

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.