Home Forums General Discussion Healing through AP is real!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    RJR1066
    Participant

I haven’t been very active on this site for quite some time and for that I apologize. Last month marked the 6th anniversary of scleroderma’s unwelcome intrusion into my life. Last month also marked the first time since then, that my ANA titer result at my annual check up was NEGATIVE. Very excited to report that. I have been on the AP Therapy protocol since February of 2013. All of my symptoms are gone…even raynaud’s has been greatly, greatly reduced to the point it is really no longer a concern anymore. In fact, we just returned from a family vacation in Banff, Canada where we hiked over 50 miles in 6 days over rigorous and sometimes very cold terrain (especially at the summits on some mountains). I’m almost 55 years old…..so that in itself feels like an accomplishment to me….lol.
    On a more practical note….I can go into any grocery store in shorts and a T shirt and my hands no longer turn instantly white.
    I just want to encourage anyone struggling with this disease, and waiting for AP to ‘work’….just be patient. I am sooooo grateful to everyone here at roadback who has taken the time to answer my questions, respond to posts and encourage me in my journey. I am so thankful. It is saying something when my kids ask….mom….do you still even have scleroderma?? Thanks be to God for this site, Dr. Brown, all of you, and minocycline! My doctor is so thrilled with my success that he is really on me about making major dietary changes….he believes I might be able to stop taking antibiotics at some point if I ate more ‘cleanly’. I promised him I would begin making incremental changes….I just can’t do a wholesale conversion yet. But, his logic is sound. Anyway, I just wanted to report in- in hopes this would encourage those who are beginning their journey with AP. Blessings!

Maz
    Keymaster

RJR, it’s so lovely and heartwarming to hear the news of your recovery from SD! Please do share the wealth and copy/paste your Story above onto the automated form you will find on the site by clicking above on Stories. Direct link to form to submit your Story:

Tell us your story

Rbf is currently switching email systems, so if you have any trouble, I can do this for you, with your permission, in the next day or so!

Pinkmoth
    Keymaster

Very happy to hear that you successfully took your life back from scleroderma, RJR. Thank you for updating us. Please do post this at the link Maz provided, it’s very helpful to have testimonials up there where other people who need encouragement can easily find them. When I was first starting AP and absolutely terrified, I spent many anxious sleepless nights reading and re-reading the testimonials until they relaxed me enough to sleep.
    Keep taking those long hikes and enjoying your life!! 🙂

Autoimmune: ANA positive speckled. Probable MCTD with SD overlap. Hashimoto's. Possible Erlos Danlos. Mold Illness.
    Infections: Bartonella, toxoplasmosis, mycoplasma, EBV
    Meds: minocycline (Zydus generic) 100mg 1x daily,
    Supps: digestive enzymes, Monolaurin, Betaine hydrochloric acid, iron, quercetin, biocidin

redrock
    Participant

Great news! Can you please post your specific protocol? Doses, generic or brand, etc?

Maz
    Keymaster

RJR, it was so kind of you to write such a great remission Story and submit it to RBF! You will find it posted here:

RJR’s Limited Systemic Scleroderma Remission Story

Your story will help numerous others for many years to come! Thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.