Home Forums General Discussion Headaches on Mino

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Airen
    Participant

Hi there,

I have recently increased my dosage from 100 mg MWF to 100 mg daily. I immediately noticed even more improvements and so many “better days” than not! BUT I have also noticed almost daily headaches. Not real bad ones but definitely noticeable and annoying. Is this a common side effect? Will they eventually go away once my body adjusts to the increased dose? Will I get even worse headaches if I choose to increase my dose again to 100 mg twice a day every day?

Thanks!

Diagnosed with RA in October 2014, pain started in February 2014
    Started AP in June 2015
    Taking daily: 32.5 mg WP thyroid 6 am, 100 mg mino 9 am, 16.25 mg WP thyroid 2 pm, B Complex for MTHFR mutation 3 pm, Multivitamin 3pm, 100 bil powdered probiotics 6 pm, 5-8,000 iu Vit D 6 pm, 100 mg mino 9 pm

jasregadoo

Hi Airen,

I’m glad the increased dosage is helping you!

I also got some headaches when I increased to daily dosing, but they weren’t horrible, and I took aleve or ibuprofin and they went away. After a week or two they stopped. They did come back a bit when I increased to 2xdaily dose, but not as bad as when I increased to 1x daily. In other words, my body was adjusting to the dosage, I think.

I think I would wait before a second increase, until you no longer get headaches from the 100mg daily.

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,

Mino gave me headaches as well. For me, even 50 mg gave me a (mild) headache. My experience was that the headaches eventually went away. However, to make the situation much more tolerable, I lowered my dose to 25 mg and then slowly increased it until I was taking 200 mg every day.

It would probably be best if you didn’t increase your dose any further until the headaches go away. It may also be worthwhile to temporarily decrease your dose.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Airen
    Participant

Thanks for your replies. I think the headaches are tapering off. I’m feeling pretty good for the most part. More good days than ever now that I have increased my dose…so glad I did. Feeling so thankful for this therapy and hopeful it continues to help me get better!!

Airen

Diagnosed with RA in October 2014, pain started in February 2014
    Started AP in June 2015
    Taking daily: 32.5 mg WP thyroid 6 am, 100 mg mino 9 am, 16.25 mg WP thyroid 2 pm, B Complex for MTHFR mutation 3 pm, Multivitamin 3pm, 100 bil powdered probiotics 6 pm, 5-8,000 iu Vit D 6 pm, 100 mg mino 9 pm

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.