Home Forums General Discussion Has LDN worked well & so quickly for anyone else????

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    A Friend
    Participant

@gratefulgirl wrote:

Hi AF, Ah, I see. So glad it has worked so well for you. I just read the reviews for ImmunoPro nondenatured whey protein under the iherb.com site — they are really encouraging. I will order this & give it a try. I’m trying to give anything added to my regimen a month before trying something else, so it’s about time to try what you say had you “coming up roses”! Thanks for that info & your well wishes!!! GG

GG, the ImmunoPro nondenatured whey protein has a long track record. Dr. Paul Cheney actually began testing it on patients quite a few years ago. This information was reported/posted on the Dallas/Ft. Worth area support group and I remember cautions about beginning the use of ImmunoPro at less than one scoop a day. It would seem strange that just one small scoop of nondenatured whey protein could cause a herxheimer reaction, but it can. With the complete range of amino acids in it, my lay thinking is that the amino acids are what the body uses for metabolic function and detoxification, and these are readily available in the whey protein. Among these are the one(s) needed by the body to make glutathione, our body’s master detoxifier. Knowing this, it may not be as surprising that there could be some die-off reactions felt as a result of taking it. (If you do have any reactions, you may want to take a supplement with Milk Thistle and Quercetin with your evening meal to support the liver’s detoxification.)

Also, you may not know that there are instances when people had to get off all antibiotics if they’ve had severe reactions to abx, but still needed to take something to address an abnormal lab. In 6-month controlled studies for these instances, patients who began using it for an abnormal lab (instead of taking abx), when retested 6 months later the lab was back to normal. (This actually happened for me, too. My AP physician at that time had practiced in Lake Tahoe and knew Dr. Cheney there and thought it worth my using the ImmunoPro for 6 months like Dr. Cheney had tested. My AP physician redid the lab test, and it was normal.) There are places that you can order the ImmunoPro and get a nice discount if you use “auto ship.” You don’t have to get one a month, but can have it auto-shipped at the frequency you select. I’ve been using this method for about 1-1/2 years. (I also use about 4 or 5 ounces of Unsweetened Almond Milk with a bit of Kal brand stevia and one scoop of the whey protein, shake all of it together in a jar with a lid, and I think it tastes really good.)

tbird2340
    Participant

So LDN is definitely making a difference for me so far. I’ve been on it around 2 or so weeks at 3mg.. I’m taking less Ibuprofen and things that were KILLING me I notice aren’t..

It’s funny you get so used to the pain that you really don’t realize it’s missing when it is.. My right knee would get so stiff after sitting for an hour or so at work and I would have to limp when I got up.. It doesn’t get tight at all now..

My feet barely hurt at all in the morning now too. 🙂 My wrists are still bothering me but baby steps.. 🙂

A Friend
    Participant

TBird, those are really good-sounding results…. and also sounds like you’re doing good things for your dear “bod.” Keep up the good work!
    AF

gratefulgirl
    Participant

HI AF, really great info you’ve just shared! I just ordered Immunopro & will pay close attention to any changes ie herx reactions. i already take Milk Thistle & NAC, so I hope those will be good adjunctive txs.

And Tbird, your post made me feel such happiness for you!!! We are not alone in our road back journey and I thank everyone for sharing their stories of need and progress. It’s especially nice when one of us achieves relief from trying something someone has shared. What we share are truly gems of experience & wisdom from trial & error to triumph — corny as this sounds, it’s just amazing how a community can impart so much aid & wisdom in times of need as this forum community does!

Blessings, GG

gratefulgirl
    Participant

OK, it’s update time: So I’ve made a few changes/ additions to my regimen.

1) Where I had given Relafen/ Nabumetone a good college try for several months, I’ve reverted back to Motrin. What happened was I ran out of the Relafen during Sandy & couldn’t refill it for two days. So I got myself back on the Motrin in the interim. WELL, it turned out that I felt so much better with more pain & stiffness relief on the Motrin, AND I was needing it less frequently than when I made the switch to Relafen. I went from Motrin 2 tabs q 4-5 hrs to 2 tabs q 7 – 8 hrs. I know that Motrin is not as gut-friendly, but wow do I feel the difference. I just think that my bod does not absorb Relafen as well as it does Motrin.

2) I received my first jar of Immunopro & have taken 1/2 tsp at bedtime for two nights. I just chew it slowly as recommended. I will say that I did some extra herxing from what must have been additional bug die off (perhaps from the Immunopro?). But this am a session of FIR Sauna took care of the herxing & I’m splendidly on my way to an exciting day ahead! Oh yes, I do slather on the Mg w/ Lawang oil on my affected joints/ muscles followed by a coat of non-petroleum ointment (to sooth the skin) — after the sauna & shower.

LDN remains my staple along w/ my QOD 100 mg Minocycline.

I’m able to stand on my tippy toes again for good feet stretching. And I look forward to my first Pilates session w/ a local Physical Therapist who specializes in helping those of us w/ rheumatic issues. I’m going to try a dancersize session this evening (in my home while watching youtube dance videos).

I cannot stress how important it is for me to detox w/ the FIR Sauna.
    Without it, I’d feel lots of the pain & stiffness all over from the die off. With it, the bugs are “melted/ sweated” away. Hope others find this helpful.

Have a charming day everyone! GG

A Friend
    Participant

GG,
    I loved reading your post, and hearing of the progress you are making. Your analysis seemed logical to me; except I’m hoping you can get off the Motrin, etc., soon so it does not damage the lining of your gastro system. (My mind couldn’t help but wonder if you are also including the EFA’s (essential fatty acids) in your diet, and if you are supplementing with Vitamin C (which can be very helpful in strengthening our immune system and our connective tissue, collagen, and lots more (chronic illness probably uses up the amount of Vit C we consume in our food, and Vit C also helps protect us against viral infections, for which abx are not effective). Congratulations on your good work… and for sharing with us.
    AF

cavalier
    Participant

Def. the FIR Suana is a god send! I continue to take the LDN 9.0 mgs ( 2- 4.5s) for me that is my sweet spot but I am continuing or trying too but stomach is still not great – with AP. Am looking to the Home Solutions working with my doc to get the IV’s going but I just wanted to add that the FIR S. is a must for herxing to help you get past it & thru it. It was the LDN and melatonin along with AP that put me up & over the edge in getting the SD marker into remission. Using methods in combo to together makes for a difference along with diet & supp’s.

Best – Jill Lyme

gratefulgirl
    Participant

Hi AF, so to answer your questions, yes I take mega C doses. I need to find out if it is buffered. It does contain Rose Hips. I also take the Green Lip Mussel supplement which contains omega-3 fatty acids, amino acids, minerals and carbohydrates. One site stated that it has not proven to be effective for those w/ RA, though, but I over-ordered, so am taking 3 caps daily until I complete the order. Do you recommend another EFA?

Regarding the Motrin, I am hopeful that with time I’ll be able to take it less frequently. I find it a boon that I’ve got it down to q 7 – 8 hrs. I

I’ve read in Maz’s posts that it’s so important to have our own immune system as healthy as possible so it can aid in killing off the Mycoplasma once the AP disables it. So it seems that Prednisone being an immunosuppresant would be discouraged here. I also have read that Dr. Brown did prescribe prednisone at low doses, so it must not be too bad. So my question is which is the lesser of the evils — 2 tabs Motrin q 8 hrs or 5 mg Prednisone daily (I took it in two split doses).

Jill, best of luck with the IV’s & getting to so so long to tummy issues!

gratefulgirl
    Participant

Update! What, so soon? Yes! I need to share a couple of things.

1) I’m on my 5 1/2 month marker for AP and LDN for about 1 1/2 months & Immunopro for 4 nights.

I thought I herxed big time yesterday am & blamed the Immunopro but then realized that I had not taken my 11 pm Motrin dose. I forgot because I was feeling no pain or stiffness at the time. Why I didn’t realize this until now was that I forgot last night’s dose, too & for the same reason — no pain or stiffness at the 8th hr! I got up at 5:30 am to take my missed dose & put the math together.

2) I love to share my physical progress. Last night was another first. I danced around my living room (picture full out hip, leg & arm movement with lots of bending & twisting — I LOVE Dancing!) in my stocking feet. That is huge because until then, walking without rubber flip flops around the house was very difficult. My husband said I looked & moved like my old self 😀

3) Conclusion: I’m Grateful Girl for a reason — I found the Road Back Site & all my friends whose knowledge & shared experiences have helped bring me to this point. I can’t wait to report to Dr M. my progress on Monday.

Lots of Love, GG

gratefulgirl
    Participant

I love what my LDN is doing for me. I still feel such relief soon after my evening dose & into the night! I’m thinking of asking my rheumy for a prescription of twice a day at 4.5 mg.

Would love your input on this. Is anyone doing LDN twice a day? What are your experiences with this?

XO GG

A Friend
    Participant

@gratefulgirl wrote:

I love what my LDN is doing for me. I still feel such relief soon after my evening dose & into the night! I’m thinking of asking my rheumy for a prescription of twice a day at 4.5 mg.

Would love your input on this. Is anyone doing LDN twice a day? What are your experiences with this?

XO GG

GG, are you still taking the ImmunoPro? Just wondering. Because, if you are, the detoxing the ImmunoPro adds from making glutathione and its amino acids contributing to detoxing results from metabolic functions could possibly be part of the good effect???

So glad for you!

AF

gratefulgirl
    Participant

Hi AF, actually, I stopped after a week. I wasn’t sure what was causing me to feel more stiffness — different from herxing and the only thing different was the Immunopro. BUT then again it might very well have been due to my poor diet habits. So I need to give it another try, eventually.

Thank you for your support!!! GG

A Friend
    Participant

@gratefulgirl wrote:

Hi AF, actually, I stopped after a week. I wasn’t sure what was causing me to feel more stiffness — different from herxing and the only thing different was the Immunopro. BUT then again it might very well have been due to my poor diet habits. So I need to give it another try, eventually.

Thank you for your support!!! GG

Just went looking for a link and paper saved in my Word files. The old link didn’t open the document, but a search found same article at VRP site. This information may help you decide “if” and “how” you might want to use whey protein:

http://www.vrp.com/physical-performance/whey-protein-concentrate-increasing-glutathione-concentrations
    Increasing Glutathione Concentrations

AF

gratefulgirl
    Participant

Thank you AF!!!!

Woods1977
    Participant

Hi there…

Just wanted to check in to see if the LDN is still working well for you along with the Minocin?

Michelle

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 116 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.