Home Forums General Discussion Happy Holidays and a BIG Thank You to All of YOU!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kat0605
    Participant

Almost exactly a year ago I found this forum as a scared, very depressed, sleep-deprived, newly symptomatic women in early pregnancy. I had started with a rush of brand new troubling symptoms including neuropathy, connective tissue wasting and skin tightening, sicca, and a load of other strange and roving internal complaints related to my lungs, heart, and GI system. As you could imagine, last holiday season was not a very merry one for me. But I read through hundreds of posts and through the encouragement of those on this site I found a LLMD who took my complaints seriously, started me on treatment for Lyme disease. This holiday season has been nothing short of miraculous as I enjoy my baby daughter and my health. I am 95% back to normal. Today, my health complaints (barely noticable neuropathy, and mild morning carpal tunnel and joint pain) don’t even register in my brain most days. I have found myself bursting into tears at various points in the last month because I never let myself dare dream for a moment that feeling this much better was possible. And today, I know it is.

Not only do I truly believe that I will live to see my daughter grow up, but I now believe that I could have a second pregnancy without the health issues that plagued my last and that I can be the healthy mother that my child(ren) deserve.

I now believe that 2 miscarriages and my subsequent pregnancy lowered my immunity to allow bacteria that I had contracted through including, but not limited to food poisoning, my husband’s pneumonia, letting my dog lick me generously and not washing my handsafterward, not cleaning my toothbrush, not washing my basal thermometer daily as I attempted to conceive, and probably a mess of other bacteria that I am not thinking of took over my body and started attacking endothelial cells and my micro blood vessels. At the time, I was not sleeping more than 4 hours a night and I wasn’t getting colds despite being around sick people constantly. My immune system was, for lack of a better term, malfunctioning.

I just want to thank you all for your support and encouragement down this journey and hopefully, provide hope to others who are dealing with similar issues. You really, truly make a huge difference in the lives of others, so please keep doing what you are doing. I can only speak to my own experience, but I will continue to support the work of this group as well as I can. For those seeking help, please feel free to PM if for advice and encouragement!

Symptoms started in 9/16 after 2 miscarriages, diagnosed with Lyme 4/17, Daughter born 6/17 (not breastfeeding). ANA negative by IFA as of 8/17, positive by ELISA with positive Anti-DSDNA antibodies the same month (false positive?). Symptoms that have come and gone include sicca and skin tightening and telangiactiasia. Currently dealing with migraines, arthralgia, morning stiffness, neuropathy, slight swelling, slightly elevated liver enzymes, and bubbly urine. Current protocol: minocycline 100 mg QID, azi

bonnielou
    Keymaster

What a beautiful story Kat — thank you so much for sharing your journey. I know many will find this inspirational, and it is kind and generous of you to offer direct advice and encouragement to others.

Bonnie Lou
    RA 02/07,AP 10/07
    Minocycline 200mg MWF; Plaquenil 100mg 3 days/week
    Fish Oil, Ubiquinol, Turmeric, Vit C (2 grams) , MultiVit, Magnesium, Astaxanthin, D3 (5000), probiotics and a daily dose of yoga!

Maz
    Keymaster

Happy holidays to you, too, Kat! I agree with Bonnie – your Story is very inspirational and it’s wonderful you are offering to be there for others in your situation. I just replied to your PM – thanks!

Kat0605
    Participant

Hi all- just popping in to say hi. Life gets busy (as you all know) when you are feeling good. I don’t really have much more of an update except to say that I am feeling great. My biggest issue right now is probably what would be classified as extremely mild fibromyalgia. I get widespread muscle pain which I treat with a massage when it gets bad and I also have what I would call circulation issues from time to time- meaning my feet, legs, arms, etc fall asleep far too easily. I have dealt with these issues for 10+ years prior to my symptoms coming on full fporce in 2016 so nothing that holds me back in any way.

I started exercising in January and have been feeling great and making progress towards fitness goals. I am eating too much, so now I have to lose some weight (after not being able to gain any weight while pregnant). I am sleeping soundly at night and have seemingly boundless energy again. Honestly, now that I am normal again, I realized that I probably had been battling issues for longer than I thought. Cannot thank you all enough.

Symptoms started in 9/16 after 2 miscarriages, diagnosed with Lyme 4/17, Daughter born 6/17 (not breastfeeding). ANA negative by IFA as of 8/17, positive by ELISA with positive Anti-DSDNA antibodies the same month (false positive?). Symptoms that have come and gone include sicca and skin tightening and telangiactiasia. Currently dealing with migraines, arthralgia, morning stiffness, neuropathy, slight swelling, slightly elevated liver enzymes, and bubbly urine. Current protocol: minocycline 100 mg QID, azi

Maz
    Keymaster

Kat, have you had thyroid checked since having your baby?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.