Home Forums General Discussion Happy Dance – My CRP has come down from 134 to 3!!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Trudi
    Participant

[user=1552]nspiker[/user] wrote:

I'm sure babesia and/or lyme has a role in our high bp.

Hi Nancy–

I think you are right.  Here is some more information about Bitter Melon–

http://www.rain-tree.com/bitmelon.htm

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

nspiker
    Participant

Trudi,

That is so interesting! 

I am going to up the amount of bitter melon, since it has effects on bacterial and viral properties, as well as bp. 

Now I'm beginning to understand why that llmd recommended Kong May; it must work similarly to bitter melon. 

The nurse that recommended bitter melon has diverticulitis, and was taking flagyl and amoxicillin as an alternative to having surgery.  She is now off all antibiotics.  The bitter melon may have had an effect on that too?

nancy

Trudi
    Participant

[user=1552]nspiker[/user] wrote:

I am going to up the amount of bitter melon, since it has effects on bacterial and viral properties, as well as bp. 

Now I'm beginning to understand why that llmd recommended Kong May; it must work similarly to bitter melon. 

The nurse that recommended bitter melon has diverticulitis, and was taking flagyl and amoxicillin as an alternative to having surgery.  She is now off all antibiotics.  The bitter melon may have had an effect on that too?

Hi Nancy–

I, too, thought that the bitter melon had a lot of good properties and will talk to my doctor about it.  He likes Rain-Tree supplements–I was pleased when I saw them come up in my search.  I will mention the Kong May, although if this was brought up at a Lyme conference, it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't bring it up himself.

Take care,

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Cat
    Participant

AWESOME!

mschmidt
    Participant

Ruth,

Sorry I'm so late responding–it's been a crazy 2 weeks.  I'm incredibly happy for you:roll-laugh:  Those numbers are amazing, and I hope you continue to see improvements like that. 

Way to go!!

Maria

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘ Happy Dance – My CRP has come down from 134 to 3!!’ is closed to new replies.