Home Forums General Discussion hand-skin problem

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Eva Holloway
    Participant

Went on this fantastic trip to Germany and we did sing our hearts out in various places, did a lot, I mean a lot of walking and eating good German food. But I think the water did a terrible job on my hands and skin. My hands are shedding terribly and the skin itches. We have been home two days and finally after two showers my skin doesn’t itch anymore but the hands are still peeling a lot. Any idea what I could do to stop that. I have used several lotions even the medical one. The hands looked good before we left because I had an Vancomisyn infusion which helped a lot.
    Maybe when I see Dr. K in November I will asks for another infusion.

Eva ❓

Eva Holloway

nspiker
    Participant

Hi Eva,

Sounds like you had a great trip! I don’t know if this applies to you, but I have been having itching and peeling on the palm of one of my hands. I don’t know if that is what you’re experiencing, but my LLMD had me try prescription Nystatin gel, as she thinks it could be fungal. Before that, I was using cortisone cream, and it helped the itching.

nancy

Krys
    Participant

Hi Eva,
    Like Nancy, I think it can be fungal.
    I developed something like that on my feet while having systemic yeast infection. Inspired by your post in the past in which you mentioned soaking your feet in ACV (I don’t remember, but I presume it was diluted ACV) I soaked my feet in ACV dilution and it greatly diminished. I am not usually good at applying any additional treatment every day, I usually have no time, or my inner saboteur finds lots of reasons to postpone and forget. 😡 So usually I remembered it right before going to bed when it was already too late for the soak. I applied it then to my feet undiluted with a cotton ball and then used either propolis tincture over it or applied Bag Balm ointment. It diminished and stayed this way, did not itch and I stopped doing anything about it.

Later I started fermenting my own raw kefir made with kefir grains and started adding ImmunoPro DX powder to kefir. It helped with my energy level so I went overboard and increased it to 3 x day. I believe that my Candida totally disappeared due to that. No itching and fungus / Candida on the feet disappeared completely!

Additionally, my food sensitivities are almost gone: the reaction to sugar is gone, to starches is still there but very mild and lasting only about 20 minutes (it used to be severe , lasting for 6-8 hours). To be totally honest: Buhner’s Lyme protocol is Candida prohibitive, too and so is Triphala, an Ayurvedic mixture of 3 Indian gooseberries which I take 1/2 tsp dissolved in my coffee. My gut healing diet must have contributed too.

Nancy’s mention of GSE is an excellent one! I wonder if it could be applied (diluted?) topically?
    There are lots of herbal anti-fungals, if you like the herbs. You can even make your own herbal oil / lard based ointment. 🙂
    Diflucan will do the job, too. I meant to use it and kept postponing until there ceased to be the need. 😎

Eva, forgive me for going on this success with Candida tirade. I thought it might inspire some people to increase probiotics (home made kefir contains a few hundred billions according to some books) and not stop abx treatment due to Candida scare!

Wishing you successful resolution of the present problem, Krys

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Krys,
    thank you for telling me about the kefir. When we where in Germany I did eat good yogurt but had no chance of getting some kefir. I do make my own and I am back of making it again, but three weeks without it just is not right. I also had no chance for the Apple Cider Vinegar bath for hands and feet and after several days working with it I can see some results.I guess I had jet lag and forgot what to do LOL 😆 😆 😆 💡 . I will get back to the basics.

Nancy,
    I may ask Dr. K. for that Nystatin gel to see if it will stop it from coming back. Checking into everything. Thanks for helping.

Our trip was great. Two weeks and the most beautiful weather, we sang in Stuttgart, Wilhelmsdorf, Neufrach and Wiesbaden as scheduled concerts and did some impromptou singing in two churches. We did a lot of walking and I used my rollator and did very well with it, walking up to almost 5 hours (not every day, but lots of them) with just a sort lunch break. I told hubby I better keep the walking up so I can get ready for our next trip in May 2012 when we go travel in the States with the choir.

Eva

Eva Holloway

Maz
    Keymaster

@Eva Holloway wrote:

Our trip was great. Two weeks and the most beautiful weather, we sang in Stuttgart, Wilhelmsdorf, Neufrach and Wiesbaden as scheduled concerts and did some impromptou singing in two churches. We did a lot of walking and I used my rollator and did very well with it, walking up to almost 5 hours (not every day, but lots of them) with just a sort lunch break. I told hubby I better keep the walking up so I can get ready for our next trip in May 2012 when we go travel in the States with the choir.

Eva, rollator or not…you rock!! Five hours walking??? You’re truly amazing and an inspiration. So happy to hear you had such a wonderful time and I have no doubt you and your choir brought a lot of joy to those who heard you sing. 🙂

Trudi
    Participant

@Maz wrote:

Eva, rollator or not…you rock!! Five hours walking??? You’re truly amazing and an inspiration. So happy to hear you had such a wonderful time and I have no doubt you and your choir brought a lot of joy to those who heard you sing. 🙂

Hi Eva–
    I second Maz’s comments. So happy everything went well. Welcome back!

If your hands do have a fungal component (as mentioned above), then borax may be your answer. There is information on earthclinic.com and I also found some information here:
    http://www.ehow.com/how_5608512_soak-feet-borax.html

Good luck; I so hope you will get rid of this for once and for all!!

Take care,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Thanks Trudi,
    I am looking into the Borax soak since I have a big box sitting under the sink. I use it for many different things, now I will soak hand and feet in it and hope to stop this infernal problem with the fungus on hand and feet. 😮

Eva

Eva Holloway

Krys
    Participant

@Eva Holloway wrote:

Borax ..box sitting under the sink. ….now I will soak hand and feet in it and hope to stop this infernal problem with the fungus on hand and feet. 😮

Eva, a bit off topic: do you mind posting your experiences with Borax? I’m just curious….Any time I do a soak (not often enough), I get lots of bubbly, happy energy entering my body through the skin pores….like nothing else I’ve ever experienced. Just curious if it is something common? K.

Trudi
    Participant

@Eva Holloway wrote:

now I will soak hand and feet in it and hope to stop this infernal problem with the fungus on hand and feet. 😮

Let us know how it goes. If it is fungal, I’m sure it will go away!!
    Take care,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

bonnielou
    Keymaster

@Eva Holloway wrote:

Krys,
    I can get ready for our next trip in May 2012 when we go travel in the States with the choir.

Eva

Eva — where in the States will you be touring next May? Let us know your schedule, and maybe some of us can come hear you sing!

Bonnie

Bonnie Lou
    RA 02/07,AP 10/07
    Minocycline 200mg MWF; Plaquenil 100mg 3 days/week
    Fish Oil, Ubiquinol, Turmeric, Vit C (2 grams) , MultiVit, Magnesium, Astaxanthin, D3 (5000), probiotics and a daily dose of yoga!

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Next trip in 2012 is to Dallas, Tulsa, OK, Pittsburg, PA, St. Louis, MO and Evansville, IN.
    In 2013 we will be going to WI in June for a National Saengerfest and I think that is in Trudi’s area.
    An European tour again in 2015.
    We are always busy with singing in and around Houston, TX. Just had an Oktoberfest last weekend. I had hardly gotten over the Jet lag 😆

Eva

Eva Holloway

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.