Home Forums General Discussion Hair Shedding

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Woods1977
    Participant

I used to have super thick hair- it was like horse hair! During my mid-20s I started to shed more than normal, this was before my RA developed. During this time the hair loss wasn

Anonymous
    Participant

my hair is falling out too but for a different reason. I have dm.I started taking biotin and fish oil. It seems to have slowed or stopped but I did lose quite a lot of hair also

A Friend
    Participant

Woods,
    Several years ago during the course of my own chronic illness, my hairdresser noticed my gray hair at the roots. At the time, I had used a product known as Loving Care — not a dye, but blended natural hair color with it gave it a nice sheen. She said there was a lot of my gray hair coming in and it was pretty, and she thought I should stop the color. She thought my white hair would be very nice. I stopped, and rather quickly, my hair color was mostly platinum.

It was during this time, also, that I learned about how acidic I had become — as was measured by the pH strips during the time I had developed so much bone/body pain.

In a nutshell, I learned about my acidosis and abnormally low pH. Because my body needed minerals to replace those being used up, so it could safely neutralize the acidic wastes so they could be excreted through the kidneys, my body began not having enough for hair and other things.

When I learned about the acidosis, I also began learning about magnesium chloride and other minerals involved in above. That was when I began addressing the replacement. I have pictures from family weddings during this time when my hair had gotten thinner and thinner. Now, a few years later, my platinum gray hair (which I really liked) has gradually gotten thicker and thicker, it still has lots of silver hair, but much of the hair has gradually gotten darker.

To me, this has been a clear visual lesson of what happens when we are overly acidic (from acidosis, illness, and can also be from diet, some medications, etc. My hair is now much thicker than it was when it was getting so gray. I believe what is happening to your hair may be your body’s need for your minerals and body’s pH to be addressed. Illness certainly affects our body — and the state of our body affects the minerals.

Rushing, but if you do a search for magnesium, probably many posts on these subjects will be in the archives.

AF

Woods1977
    Participant

Thanks A Friend…

What kind of testing did you perform to determine if you were too “acidic”?

lemons
    Participant

I have had the same problem but Astaxanthin seems to have done the trick and my hair is back to normal.

A Friend
    Participant

@Woods1977 wrote:

Thanks A Friend…

What kind of testing did you perform to determine if you were too “acidic”?

Woods, I clicked on General Discussion at the top of the screen; it took me to the first page of General Discussion. Then I scrolled down to “Post Topic”… and to the right of this is a search window. In the search window, I typed into it: acidosis and pH testing. Quite a few posts showed up.

search.php?keywords=acidosis+pH+testing

Hope this link below will open for you and will have helpful.
    [Note: In each post found, you can read the rest of it by clicking on an arrow to the right.]

Let me know if the link doesn’t work for you.

AF

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.