Home Forums General Discussion Hair color options?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mouse
    Participant

After dying my hair with drug store hair color for years I am giving it up. Can anyone recommend a nontoxic, less toxic or do it yourself hair color option? My brunette hair went grey but my eyebrows are still brown. I am flexible. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Have a great day!!!

Female, 59 years old. My issues began with a drug reaction.
    ANA 1:32 Homogeneous, Nuclear Speckled
    Rheumatologist/Osteopenia, osteoarthritis, UCTD,
    Gastroenterologist/little gastritis,11/20,
    Cardiologist/heart/bradycardia,7-20 had a little tachycardia
    Benign limp node removed 4 years ago
    My last panel of antibody blood tests taken in 8/20 were all negative accept ana.
    Taking Vitamin D and magnesium. My doctor has given me B12 to take and wants me to take hormones. Getting physical therapy soon.

bonnielou
    Keymaster

Hello mouse — you might balk at my recommendation but I totally encourage you to embrace your gray. I gave up coloring 6 years ago — mostly for health reasons. I was eating organic, yet putting this black chemical concoction on my scalp every few weeks! It took some time to get used to the change, but I really grew to love it — it is so freeing to just be yourself. There are dozens of great online communities (on facebook, instagram, etc.) for support in the process. Message me if you would like more info. And good luck!

Bonnie Lou
    RA 02/07,AP 10/07
    Minocycline 200mg MWF; Plaquenil 100mg 3 days/week
    Fish Oil, Ubiquinol, Turmeric, Vit C (2 grams) , MultiVit, Magnesium, Astaxanthin, D3 (5000), probiotics and a daily dose of yoga!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.