Home Forums General Discussion Great article!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    spacehoppa
    Participant
    Kim
    Participant

Great article, Ruth, thanks for posting.  It all comes down to a healthy gut, doesn't it? 😉

Congratulations on your most recent labs……….WOW! 😀

Take care…..kim

nord
    Participant

Thank you for sharing, Ruth, and many congratulations to your success!

I'm sure that you know all this but for those finding the article here I want to point out that the assertion in:

'On the other hand, he concedes, “it seems counterintuitive that a microbe would be involved in a disease of the central nervous system, because these are sterile tissues.” '

is really not that clear-cut; http://www.davidwheldon.co.uk/ms-treatment1.html is a long list of references suggesting the opposite.

The story of the wife (Sarah Longlands) of the author is a rather amazing account of reversing MS with antibiotics (and probiotics :)). http://www.avenues-of-sight.com/Sarahlonglands-MSpages.html

Dr Wheldon's own account of lowering blood pressure by eradictating Cpn with abx is similarly eye-opening, I think. Even if only the cause behind a small fraction of all cardiovascular disease, it would have a huge potential in altering the lives of those where it is.

For many affected by Lyme/Borrelia here, it is worth noting that Clamydophila Pneumoniae is not rarely found as a simultaneous infection.

A lot is to be discovered in this area, all while infection seems to be less and less of an area of medicine that receives much attention.  🙁

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

[user=2031]nord[/user] wrote:

For many affected by Lyme/Borrelia here, it is worth noting that Clamydophila Pneumoniae is not rarely found as a simultaneous infection.

Nord – I'm not quite sure I understand what you are saying. Do you mean by this that Cpn IS often found to exist with Lyme or that it is NOT? Would you clarify this for me and, if you have one, provide a link to a reference for me. Thanks. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=2031]nord[/user] wrote:

I'm sure that you know all this but for those finding the article here I want to point out that the assertion in:

'On the other hand, he concedes, “it seems counterintuitive that a microbe would be involved in a disease of the central nervous system, because these are sterile tissues.” '

Hi Nord,

My older brother has MS and so I have a particular interest in this condition. Recent finds in MS point to MS not being a disease with a neurological origin, but one with a vascular origin. The recent studies by Dr. Paulo Zamboni have found that 100% of MS patients have “chronic cerebral spinal venous insufficiency” or CCSVI, for short. This research is very new and controversial, but a simple procedure to open up damaged or wrinkled veins in the neck and chest is reversing MS symptoms.

With MS patients, it's long been known that there was a build-up of iron in the brain, causing vascular lesions and neurological damage throughout the brain and spine….they just didn't know why this was happening. As it turns out, Zamboni has discovered that oxygenated blood, unable to leave the brain fast enough (due to damaged backflow to the heart via the jugular and chest veins) is leaving these iron deposits behind in brain tissue.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story//20091120/W5_liberation_091121/20091121?s_name=W5

Question is…what is causing these damaged veins in the first place? Why does MS suddenly arise in the prime of life for most people and why mostly in the northern hemisphere? Having discussed this topic with my LLMD a number of times, he has showed me a map of the incidence of deaths from chronic Lyme and MS in the US and overlaid the two maps on top of one another…the maps are virtually indistinguishable. If you go to this link and scroll down a ways, you'll find these two maps:

http://www.canlyme.com/megan_geostatistical_analysis2.html

Now, this isn't to say the Lyme is the only cause of MS…not at all, but it sure presents a fairly strong case when the majority of reported Lyme cases are occuring in the northern hemisphere. Any infection that may cause inflammation in the cardio-vascular system, including chlamydia pneumoniae (proven in heart disease), for instance, may be a likely candidate of this venous insufficiency…possibly a combination of infections working synergistically in bio-film communities?

So, the above statement may not be as far off the mark as one might think at first glance….nerve tissues are sterile…but perhaps researchers in this study are looking in the wrong place for the causal bacteria? They may reside in the gut…yes…but the gut is permeable and microbes migrate to tissues that confer survival advantages.

Interestingly, minocycline has been studied for MS and shown to be efficacious. Why? Well, it may be partly due to its anti-microbial activities and neuro-protective effects, but one important clue may lie in the fact that minocycline also binds to minerals and is…TADA.. highly chelative to iron.

I think part of the problem is that every researcher thinks they've hit on the answer when in reality it may be part of a much bigger picture. Who would have thought that MS is not autoimmune, afterall, but caused by microbes wreaking damage in the cardio-vascular system? Of course, Zamboni's research is currently still in the multi-center clinical trials, but private clinics across the globe are reporting incredible success with this balloon angioplasty procedure and one can go to YouTube and watch all the videos being posted of patients who have paid privately for this procedure, not willing to wait for the clinical trials to unfold. Thing is, what isn't known is how permanent this procedure may be…it's still so new…and, if one assumes a microbial cause for CCSVI, then the offending bugs are still in the body and relapse may occur down the road if not addressed.

Another interesting factoid or two is that I came across studies in Taiwan on chlamydia pneumonie and it seems that a large proportion of the population are carriers (study below is not the study I originally found, unfortunately). I was interested in this study, because my brother and I lived in Taiwan for a couple years in the early 70s, as children, and we both wound up with “AI” diseases. Well, turns out that the occurance of MS in Taiwan is fairly rare as compared to the northern hemisphere. 

http://www.thjuland.net/epidemology02.html#7

http://www.jmii.org/content/abstracts/v33n1p34.php

It's all rather intriguing, though, don't you think?

Peace, Maz

nord
    Participant

[user=30]lynnie_sydney[/user] wrote:

Nord – I'm not quite sure I understand what you are saying. Do you mean by this that Cpn IS often found to exist with Lyme or that it is NOT? Would you clarify this for me and, if you have one, provide a link to a reference for me. Thanks. Lynnie

Hello Lynnie,

and thank you for pointing this out. My English :headbang:, should perhaps keep at the German forums? Well, my German is even worse :roll-laugh:

The reason for my attempt at an imprecise wording was that I didn't have tha figures at hand. Not often, but also not “almost never”. Something to keep an eye on, perhaps? When writing, I recalled Nicholson mentioning around 10% and about twice that in a German paper. Now I can't find the Nicholson reference, but at least he finds it a common enough simultaneous infection to mention it as one of the considerations in setting up treatment for Lyme patients.

In the paper (it was presented at a German conference, not published) “105 Patienten mit Erregernachweis bei chronischer Lyme-Borreliose: Serologie, Klinik, Antibiotika-Therapie und Krankheitsverlauf  ?   Retrospektive Studie” by Wolfgang Klemann, Bernt-Dieter Huismans, Walter Berghoff , they mention having found Chlamydiales in about (it's a diagram with no figures) 30% were pos, 10%neg and 60% not tested, mentioned as “possible co-infections”. Probably only those who were considered likely to have Ch infection by clinical signs were tested. I don't think it was all Chlamydia Trachomatis, and I ifnd it less relevant as there is much more overlap in treating the different Chlamydiales than with Lyme.

I think I have seen figures in a similar range in a different German paper. Can't find it now, though.

My point is that it may be good to be aware of the possibility, especially when treatment doen't work too well, as the chlamydiales are notoriously difficult to diagnose (just as Borrelia and many other chronic infections). As I've understood it,  both are actively compromising the immune system, and then simultaneous infections are perhaps likely. Other co- or simultaneous infections are more commonly discussed and less likely to be missed, and according to the researchers at Vanderbilt, chronic Cpn requires a treatment that is less likely to be part of a Lyme protocol (as I have understood Burrascano, ILADS etc).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ Great article!’ is closed to new replies.