Home Forums General Discussion Got some questions for all the pros and experienced patients!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    tbird2340
    Participant

I never really herxed while on AP.. I'm not sure if that's whats going on now or what but I hurt more than usual.. I started 2x Minocin daily on 4/30 so about a month and a half I've been on that because of my recent Lyme DX.. I'm not sure if a herx would take that long to happen or not..

Also, stuff seems to be rotating like crazy.. For a few days, it was my right wrist and my left collar bone / shoulder area that hurt more than usual.. Then my knees (right more than left).. I've also notice my right knee has what feels like a light “click” sometimes when I walk.. And sometimes when I put a lot of weight on it (say going upstairs or what not) it hurts more than normal.. I just get so worried about bone erosions etc.. Especially after reading jaydee's thread (about his wife feeling good with no visible inflamation and then getting terrible x-ray results)..

I've also been so freaking tired.. I'd love to not feel like I'm just going to fall asleep standing all the time..

Another question.. Does everyone DX with Lyme and RA strictly go to a LLMD? I don't have a rheumy anyways but wonder what I should be doing.. I mean, I wasn't going to a rheumy while on AP so I doubt I would now but I don't think my LLMD is really trying to treat my RA.. Besides.. Do I have RA or do I have Lyme!? So confusing…

Thanks all! 😀

Bonus. Recent picture of my beautiful baby! (parents are aloud to brag, right?):D

Kim
    Participant

Hey Tom,

First things first…………WHAT A CUTIE!!! 😀

When Maz asked her doctor that same question…..“is it Lyme or RA” the reply was “both”, that the Lyme infection triggered the RA.

I don't see both an AP doc and a Lyme doc, just the Lyme doc, no need to see both.  All of my Scleroderma symptoms continued to improve with Lyme treatment.  The migratory pain you are describing is very common.  At one point I couldn't roll over in bed due to pain and then realized it was shoulders one day, hips the next, etc.  The sauna really helped with the joint pain and now it's almost totally gone.

Sorry you're herxing, but might I remind you you were unhappy before when you weren't. :roll-laugh:

Take care…..kim

tbird2340
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Kim!

So you feel it's herxing? I don't know if it's that or a flare (not even sure what that is) or the disease progressing! :S

So that sauna helped with the joint pain eh? How often do you do that?

Thanks!

Tom

Kim
    Participant

[user=851]tbird2340[/user] wrote:

Thanks for the reply Kim!

So you feel it's herxing? I don't know if it's that or a flare (not even sure what that is) or the disease progressing! :S

So that sauna helped with the joint pain eh? How often do you do that?

Thanks!

Tom

I used my sauna almost daily in the beginning (I bought it in the winter, mind you).  People starting out using saunas should be cautioned to go low and slow because it releases so many stored toxins it can make you herx big time.  I still use it once or twice a week because we will never run out of ways to pollute our environment plus the health benefits are just too good. 🙂

Take care…..kim

Velouria138
    Participant
    Maz
    Keymaster

[user=2043]
    [line]
    Velouria138[/user] wrote:

I just went to see my LLMD and asked the same question haha! And that was his answer also. He said Lyme most likely triggered the RA, but they are 2 seperate things now.
    But then I asked him if we treat the Lyme, will the RA go away too? and he said most doctors don't say so, but he thinks yes. But he said we have to regulate my immune system and build it back up.

Also, cute baby!!!! =)

Ohhh…you have a cute LLMD, Velouria? Lucky you!!! :roll-laugh: Better write your questions down or you might forget while oogling the scenery!

This is one of the best descriptions of how Lyme creates an AI situation…although talking mainly about neuro-borreliosis, the rheumatic manifestations of Lyme work similarly:

http://envita.com/sections/disease/lyme/default.aspx

Peace, Maz

Velouria138
    Participant
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘ Got some questions for all the pros and experienced patients!’ is closed to new replies.