Home Forums General Discussion Got Ranbaxy!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Spiffy

I was able to get Ranbaxy at Wal Mart! The trade off is they could only get it in the 50 mg. tablets instead of 100 mgs. So I will take two in the morning and two at night. I still was only given 60 tablets which means I will be getting refills more often. I feel reunited with my old friend. It was originally $275, but with insurance and my coupon at goodrx.com it came down to $48. And for those who have been following…my neck is much better.

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

jasregadoo

Interesting, I haven’t tried the 50mg or the tablets, I’ve just gone for the 100mg capsules. If you have a prescription for 100mg, do you have to contact your doctor to switch it to 50mg, or will the pharmacy do that for you? I’ve never tried switching from capsules to tablets or from one dose to another, so not really sure how it works.

Spiffy

I had two more prescription refills at CVS left for 100 mgs. Wal Mart said that since they cannot get the 100 mgs. They would call my doc and explain the situation and get a new prescription. The only oversight was that they only gave me 60 tablets. Ask the pharmacist and call your doctor and ask for 120 for an equal amount. Since you mentioned you were on the capsules, I will mention to you that my Wal Mart already had 100 mgs. Capsules in stock the day I called. You might want to call your local Wal Mart and speak to a pharmacist. The price was much better as well.

supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Spiffy

I do notice that the 50 mgs are a pale golden yellow. I am assuming this is from food dye.

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Suzanne
    Participant

I do notice that the 50 mgs are a pale golden yellow. I am assuming this is from food dye.

Actavis 50 mg looks like that. I am beginning to think they are all the same.

Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

Spiffy

Interesting.

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

PhilC
    Participant

The yellow color is not from food dye. It’s from an inorganic pigment — yellow iron oxide. None of the Ranbaxy mino sold in the U.S. contains synthetic dyes.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.