Home Forums General Discussion Good News!:New AP Provider in Iowa taking over from retired Dr. Sinnott

Tagged: 

• This topic has 19 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Maz.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Maz
    Keymaster

RBF was saddened to hear of the full retirement several months ago of the well-loved and respected, Dr. John Sinnott in Iowa, who served rheumatic patients choosing AP for decades. Dr. Sinnott, however, did make sure to train a new medical provider in Dr. Brown’s antibiotic protocols and she is an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) and Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP-C) with a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN). The following are the notes we have added to her contact info and, if anyone is searching for a replacement for Dr. Sinnott or an AP Provider who treats just like this experienced (now retired) AP Doctor, then this APRN may relieve some concern about the loss of Dr. Sinnott and who can help take his place.

“I am now prescribing the AP treatment that I learned from Dr. Sinnott, and am doing the protocol that Dr. Brown introduced. I have helped quite a few patients already, and would like to be on your list of RBF providers, and I would be happy to help others, in or out of the state of Iowa. If a patient needs IV treatment, I have been continuing to use the Horn Memorial Hospital in Ida Grove, Iowa for this. I have also ordered the treatments Outpatient in other states for some that couldn’t travel to see me, if they have been seen by Dr. Sinnott previously. I see patients by appointment, in my office, or by Skype appointment if needed. I work Monday-Friday. Dr. Sinnott is no longer seeing patients at all, as you probably know, so I decided to help people as much as I can now. I have 21 years’ experience in Family Practice, and an additional 10 years’ experience in Integrative Medicine and Wellness. I don’t bill insurance for my services, so charge a flat fee, but their insurance should cover anything I order at the hospital, pharmacies, labs, etc. Should they decide to come to Ida Grove for the IV treatment, I order the same labs he did, at the hospital there. There are hotels in that town, that they can search for. I am available by phone (cell XXX), or by email: XXXX, should they have questions.” Be sure to call ahead to confirm if this AP Provider will see pediatric cases.

Spiffy1

This is HUGE news! Thanks for sharing!

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Pinkmoth
    Keymaster

Really good to know Maz, thank you

Autoimmune: ANA positive speckled. Probable MCTD with SD overlap. Hashimoto's. Possible Erlos Danlos. Mold Illness.
    Infections: Bartonella, toxoplasmosis, mycoplasma, EBV
    Meds: minocycline (Zydus generic) 100mg 1x daily,
    Supps: digestive enzymes, Monolaurin, Betaine hydrochloric acid, iron, quercetin, biocidin

Dunlop321
    Participant

Thanks Maz, very valuable information.

monmar
    Participant

Wow this post has literally made me so happy! Even though I’m already going to see an AP doc, good to know I have the option now with someone closer to home! Thanks for posting Maz!

Maz
    Keymaster

A pleasure, Monmar! If you need this new AP Provider’s contact info let us (volunteers) know and we can PM it to you. Good luck with your new AP doc and can’t wait to hear an update!

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Good news!!!

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

I saw that APRN’s can practice without a supervising doctor is 23 states including Iowa. That is very good news.

Parisa
    Participant

Great news! It’s always hard when we lose experience doctors.

D24k58
    Participant

I am trying to find out the contact info for the NP who is seeing Dr. Sinnott’s patients. I am a former patient of his and I have been restricted from getting this information for some strange reason. I have a recurrence of symptoms after several years of remission and have already spent months being told by doctors it’s not autoimmune only to now be told it is. I’d like to get started. I’m near tears here because it seems like I’m being teased by mentions of this person but no ability to find out who she is so I can reach out to her for help.

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi D24k58,

I’m happy to send you the contact info for the NP who took over from Dr. Sinnott in a private message. You should get an automated notification in your email to tell you when it’s in your forum inbox.

ConqueringThis
    Participant

May I have this NP contact information please. Thank you all for running such a wonderful and helpful site!

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Conqueringthis,

I will send you a PM (instructions to find PMs at top of forum) with both the “most experienced” doc list and the practitioner who took over from Dr. S.

Hope you find one is near you to help!

LToler
    Participant

Hello, my mom was a patient of Dr. Sinnot and is looking for a replacement doctor/np to continue her treatment. Would you pls send me the contact info for the APRN mentioned in this post?
    Thanks,
    Leanne

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Leanne,

Have sent you a PM with this info! Best to your Mom! 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.