Home Forums General Discussion Good News from Johns Hopkins

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Calida
    Participant

Each day, posts are written at my fav Scleroderma forum where people diagnosed with SD are complaining of signs and symptoms that don’t quite match the list for their particular strain of SD. Today, in this forum, there is a thread of SD-diagnosed people complaining of photosensitivity with symptoms that match lupus symptoms, not SD. Either the ACR criteria is too limited or there are thousands of people being under treated (mistreated) for a disease that no one has yet identified or was misidentified.

In this misfit group, people with sclero antibodies and diagnoses are exhibiting a similar physiopathology to each other with a common mix of issues that seem unique to this sclero subset. I have been diagnosed with an SD/SLE overlap and identify with most of their complaints. In addition, I have tested positive for Bb Lyme exposure. However, I don’t comfortable attributing my diseased state solely to Lyme or many of the coinfections. It’s my guess that Lyme, and/or something, triggered the real McCoy, not one, but two, autoimmune diseases as opposed to mimicking AI diseases.

So it was with great interest I read the following article in the Baltimore Sun titled “New (Johns) Hopkins Center to focus on Lyme disease, continuing problems”.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/health/bs-hs-lyme-disease-20150525-story.html#page=2

“But the scientific community has been coalescing around the idea that something is happening

Dx: Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis/SLE overlap, Raynaud's June 2013, Lyme August 2013
    AP: Azithromycin (Teva) 250mg BID, May 2014, Clindamycin 600mg every 8 hours for 2 weeks July 27, 2015 - Aug 10, 2015
    Minocycline (Teva generic) 100mg BID November 20, 2014
    Meds: LDN 3.5 mg, Prednisone 5 mg (discontinued), Aspirin 81mg, Liposomal Artimisinin 50mg QID x 3 weeks, 4th week off, rotating (discontinued May 2015, restarted 2016 7 days per month), Daily Nystatin, 2 tabs BID, as a preventative measure
    Supplements

JustDiagnosedChris
    Participant

I saw this on inspire earlier today

Calida
    Participant

@JustDiagnosedChris wrote:

I saw this on inspire earlier today

Yep, that was me, Chris 😆

Dx: Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis/SLE overlap, Raynaud's June 2013, Lyme August 2013
    AP: Azithromycin (Teva) 250mg BID, May 2014, Clindamycin 600mg every 8 hours for 2 weeks July 27, 2015 - Aug 10, 2015
    Minocycline (Teva generic) 100mg BID November 20, 2014
    Meds: LDN 3.5 mg, Prednisone 5 mg (discontinued), Aspirin 81mg, Liposomal Artimisinin 50mg QID x 3 weeks, 4th week off, rotating (discontinued May 2015, restarted 2016 7 days per month), Daily Nystatin, 2 tabs BID, as a preventative measure
    Supplements

A Friend
    Participant

[The quote below is from the link below it — I’m not advocating anything; was just reading there for a specific piece of information and saw the great quote. The quote apparently is by someone I’ve admired for a number of years!]

Just had to share it with you here:

“In times of change, the learners inherit the world, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists. ~Eric Hoffer

“I have a dream. Of a world where doctors are encouraged to be learners.
    Where doctors are celebrated for their courage.
    And where each individual has the financial and moral freedom to choose those doctors!”
    [end of quote]

http://www.marshallprotocol.com/view_topic.php?id=11829&forum_id=39&highlight=lida+mattman

Keep the faith! everyone. I see evidence clearly that highly respected physicians and researchers have changes in place that will give us all MORE help and MORE options…. soon! Have read about this work taking place on two web sites recently!

AF

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.