Home Forums General Discussion Going Back on Mino

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Sydnie
    Participant

Hi All

Lovely new bulletin board..congrats to all involved. Need some advice from you wonderful people.

Started on Minocycline ( 100mg MWF)for 4 months (Aug- Nov) last year for Sjogrens.  Felt really well …No drastic changes or herx ..symptoms just gradually disappeared mostly apart from pain in right hip constantly. 

Started on Minocyline due to Minocin being unavailble here in UK until Dec.  Was lucky enough to start on Minocin on 3rd Dec (100mg MWF). I noticed small differances namley diagnosed with imflammation of blood vessells in eyes when my GP referred me to hospital for blood shot eyes. I took this as a positive that Minocin was getting deeper than Mincycline so didnt worry.

Stayed on Minocin for about 4 weeks before I was unexpectadley admitted to hospital for a blockage in my bowel In Jan this year.  During this time I wasnt holding anything down so I stopped taking Mino..also in drastic abdominal pain so wasnt really thinking to be honest.  Had surgery to remove offending obstruction and have been recouperating for the last 10 weeks.  During this time off mino didnt really experience many symptoms.

So started back on Minocin on 19th March and since then had many aches and pains..a lot of my old symptoms are returning..UV aversion..pains..ringing in ears, numbness in limbs and a new symptom of right hip very stiff which it has not been before.

Thanks for staying this far…so my question is have I done damage by being off mino for 2 months..am i back to square one as Ive now read if you come off it its not so effective 2nd time around.  Or do you think the Mino is just working a bit deeper than the Minocycline and bringing old symptoms to fore in herx…Im a bit concerned about this as I was so well on the Minocyline initially.

Hope you can help and thanks for the long post!

S :roll-laugh:

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘ Going Back on Mino’ is closed to new replies.