Home Forums General Discussion gluten-cutter

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dotsdaughter2
    Participant

Has anyone heard of this product, it supposed to be for people sensitive to gluten. The product is supposed to help your body deal with gluten.
    Have a nice day

laurawm
    Participant

I have used a product that appears to have some similar ingredients – http://bodyecology.com/lactose-tolerance-assist-dairy-protein.html#sthash.b4LHYl0T.dpbs with digestive enzymes necessary to break down gluten properly. For some time I was making my own whole wheat sourdough bread (which purportedly is gluten free if left to ferment in a 48+ cold rise) and I would also take this enzyme when eating the bread. It did seem to help, though I am no longer eating the bread or regularly taking the enzyme. I also like to have it on hand in case I accidentally consume dairy or gluten, as I have very quick and significant inflammatory responses to both and these enzymes do help negate such effects, but I do not see it as a “solution” to eating gluten. However, if you do eat gluten occasionally, I believe this product helps break down the gluten protein molecule to be more completely digested and lessen a potential autoimmune response to some degree.

Laura

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi! I use this product! I’m Gluten sensitive, diagnosed last April and avoided gluten all together because of the effects. I still don’t eat nearly as much gluten containing products as I once did, but with this product I allow myself to consume them 3 times a week (waffles, bread, COOKIES!) and have so far been clear of any of my usual side effects. The product is really hard to find, maybe because it’s so new? So I had to ask my local CVS Store Manager to order for me. So far so good though! Plus LOVE being able to eat yummy foods again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.