Home Forums General Discussion Glucosamine…reverse autoimmune disease symptoms?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    A Friend
    Participant

Just found this information in my inbox from a very knowledgeable source. Did a quick search of the
    Board, but did not see this current information posted. It had a date of April 29, 2014.

If any of you have additional information about this recent subject, many of us will no doubt be very interested in reading it.

Excerpt — quote has been copied & pasted below:

Millions of people (worldwide) suffer from ‘unexplainable’ autoimmune conditions. Unfortunately, conventional medicine provides no relief. Today, we offer a possible cure for autoimmune diseases; sciatic nerve pain plus some warnings and solutions for living off the grid.

Glucosamine may help to improve blood sugar metabolism, reverse autoimmune disease symptoms and prolong life:
    http://www.naturalhealth365.com/natural_cures/0985_glucosamine_autoimmune_disease.html

AF

lor
    Participant

Very interesting. Thanks so much for posting.

I have heard…….., that some horsey people with MS use the horse adiquin injections, which has glucosamine in it, and they say it really helps them and they wouldn’t be with out it. My horse is getting glucosamine injections once a week and it has been really helping her. I look at the bottle and think about it. 😀 If I ever work up the guts to do it, and if it works I will be sure to post. 😀

lori

quilter
    Participant

Thank you for posting this information! I take Glucosamine with Chondroitin. I don’t know if it helps with auto immune but I’m sure it does help my back. It’s insidious because you have a to take it for a long time before you notice improvement. And I am doing very well with MCTD. I’m just never positive whether a symptom is MCTD or a normal injury or old age.
    carol

Dancing feet are Happy feet!
    Nov 2007 Raynauds, Jan 2008 Carpal tunnel, Aug 2008 Rotator cuff, May 2008 MCTD, July 2013 H.Pylori, Aug 2015 Vaginal Atrophy
    Medications: Minocycline 100 mg MWF, Low Dose Naltrexone 4.5mg, Acidophilus 1-3 a day, Estradiol patch
    Vitamins etc.: Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin D-3 1000 IU a day, Aspirin 325 mg, Magnesium, B6, B12, Beta-carotene, Cranberry, Garlic, Multi Vitamin, and Glucosamine & Chondroitin with Boswellia & Manganese, & MSN, Grape Seed Complex, Meta

Alecroyer
    Participant

But does it takes some more time if it happens to the a person with the old age..??

A Friend
    Participant

@Alecroyer wrote:

But does it takes some more time if it happens to the a person with the old age..??

Note: Am about to post this. My apologies for such a long answer to your very short question. But if you are a person with some “age” on him/her, I also have a lot of years. I also have a passion to share anything I’ve learned that has been key to me, and taken a very long time to learn. Hope something below is helpful to you… and more quickly! AF

Alecroyer,

I haven’t used the glucosamine, but in my own experience over many years, I learned the hard way that if we become and remain acidic over a long period of time, because we lack needed minerals (especially magnesium) to neutralize wastes so they can “safely” be excreted through the kidneys, this ongoing acidic condition can cause our body to use up all its available minerals and store the wastes in our fascia (eventually causing widespread pain) and even rob our bones and weaken them, resulting in all kinds of bone problems. This can leave us thinking that AP and other therapies are not working for us. I can share from my own experience, that if our body has become overly acidic and stays that way, until we turn this around, we are “on dangerous ground.” And my wonderful physician at that time had a current long lab report, and told me over the phone it showed nothing wrong.

The truth was, when he retired very soon and I took the labs to my new physician, she immediately saw there was an abnormal lab. But, it being overlooked did cause me to call my ND friend to ask for any suggestions about my condition — and am thankful for the way it all turned out.) A month on a different kind of abx to address the abnormal lab — along with realizing I had to address the over-acidic body longterm was the beginning of a new period of time when I was definitely on the Road Back!!! I’m sure there are many posts covering this period of time.

Let me add that some people scoff at measuring pH. Don’t you be one of them, please. I also learned that as a Blood Type A, I/we generally lack the ability to digest red meat and pork. I began adding an HCl capsule mid-meal when meat or animal protein of any kind is on my plate. And, it is absolutely necessary that we have amino acids from some source (meat or such as nondenatured whey protein) for our metabolic system to function properly. Having used ImmunoPro several years before when I had a “horrific” reaction to a strong abx and had to get off all medication for a time. I’d read about researcher Dr. P. Cheney’s use of nondenatured whey proteins for this, and that in six months labs had returned to normal. This once more has served as an answer to my apparent inability to digest meat. Armed with the newfound information on pH, it has definitely served me well.

Once damaged, our kidneys cannot repair themselves, so that (I understand) is why if the body lacks minerals to neutralize these wastes and can no longer safely borrow minerals from our body, the wastes get stored in our fascia (usually in our hands, feet, or areas well away from major organs). This had gradually happened to me (and can probably be evidenced in my profile that appears beneath my messages. My doctor had no answers for my chronic increasing, ongoing pain at that time. I had been a “poster girl” for AP therapy for several years. It was finally when I contacted an acquaintance who was/is a naturopathic physician, that she suggested I test my pH. Let me add that I had studied good nutrition for years, and had what “appeared” to be an excellent diet. However, when something is going on and you are not able to digest meat into needed amino acids, this inability can also add to our acidic load… plus deprive our bodies of needed amino acids that are a vital part of our metabolic detoxification system. The basic amino acids we usually get from protein, have enzymes and are designed to turn some of these enzymes into other needed enzymes.

So, a good starting place for those not making progress, and who have chronic pain, is to test their first morning urine and saliva before anything is eaten or drunk, or at other recommended times with little test strips for this purpose. With my ND acquaintaince’s suggestion, that is when I finally learned why I had ever-increasing pain, and could no longer make progress, even on many good supplements and a strict diet. (Unfriendly organisms love all that acidic waste that gets stored in our bodies, and that’s the environment they LOVE and raise BIG families of unfriendly organisms.)

AF

PhilC
    Participant

Glucosamine definitely helps the body repair damaged cartilage. A few years ago I injured my left shoulder. After it bothered me for more than a year I decided that it probably wasn’t going to get better on its own. I started taking glucosamine hydrochloride, and within six months or so my shoulder was back to normal. Unfortunately, I experienced an unpleasant side effect from taking glucosamine — it makes my joints ache. Because of that, if I ever decide to take it again I will only take it once or twice a week.

I use glucosamine hydrochloride because glucosamine sulfate tends to be more expensive, and there is no reason to expect that there would be any difference in effectiveness between the two forms.

See: Glucosamine Hydrochloride vs. Sulfate /Chondroitin

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Anonymous
    Participant

A Friend,
    I don’t understand why at the time you were fighting an over-acidic body you were taking HCI /acid/ when consuming meat.
    Why? Please explain.
    Linda L.

A Friend
    Participant

@Linda L wrote:

A Friend,
    I don’t understand why at the time you were fighting an over-acidic body you were taking HCI /acid/ when consuming meat.
    Why? Please explain.
    Linda L.

Linda,
    By lots of reading and study — and especially when I realized my pH, in spite of a really healthy diet all of my life, was so acidic — I finally found an answer I felt applied to myself. In my own case, I felt it had to be my Blood Type A and lack of needed HCl to break down the meat protein that supplies amino acids and the enzymes the body needs for metabolic detoxification, etc. The rheumatic article further down really “nailed it” for me. I want to share these links/information with you:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/501637-hydrochloric-acid-protein-digestion/
    Especially read the paragraph heading:

Anonymous
    Participant

A Friend,
    Thank you. It is interesting. I have been taking Naprosyn together with Zantac /antacid/ for a long time. I’ve been told that as long as I take Naprosyn I must take Zantac together. My iron is very low and I fight anemia all the time. Dr Brownstein in his book “Vitamin B-12 for Health” has written that patients taking acid-blocking medications /like Nexium, Zantac etc./ must have poor stomach acid production. “The stomach was designed to produce copious amounts of hydrochloric acid to aid in the proper digestion and absorption of food and nutrients such as vitamin B12″. An acidic pH of the stomach is normal when digesting food.” “The long-term use of these medications /antacids/ – longer that four weeks – will promote B12 deficiency”.
    B12 deficiency will lead to anemia /pernicious anemia which is in my family/. So I am really confused now what I should take.
    Maybe I should try that test for sufficient hydrochloric acid?
    Linda L.

Trudi
    Participant

I have read that all diseases are a result of nutritional deficiencies. I’ve also read that the side effects from drugs are because they interfere with nutrient absorption. Sure makes a lot of sense.

Here is another good article on hydrochloric acid–helps to connect the dots–
    http://www.life-enthusiast.com/hydrochloric-acid-a-1331.html

AF, thanks for sharing your research.

Take care,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

A Friend
    Participant

Good morning…. I’d not seen the notice in my Inbox that there were new posts by some of you to this topic, until I came here to share something else.

Guess you might call this reply to our ongoing subject: “Which came first? The Chicken or the Egg???”
    OR “Which needs our focus first today? Detoxification or keeping-on keeping-on with our status quo?

In the last several months I subscribed to a new (free) bulletin that arrives in my inbox. I investigated it to some extent, and they were especially knowledgeable in discussing things I needed to know more about.

Well, today I was not disappointed, and an article by a contributor raised a good point — and a question I believe I raised on my first reply to a poster replying to this thread’s topic (Glucosamine…reverse automimmune disease symptoms?)

Enter the “Chicken & the Egg” question: Which therapy is best now for me to concentrate on, to solve my most pressing problems? To again pay attention to Detoxification of built-up wastes in the body? Or, concentrate on “all of the above” to some degree? (It’s important if we choose detoxification as a primary goal, to know that harm can be done if we go too fast and don’t have a protection program in place (hopefully with guidance by a knowledgeable healthcare professional). If too many toxins are “loosed” at one time in the body, it could be overwhelming instead of helpful. I’ve learned the liver has to process all of the toxins and debris before it can be expelled. And we want to protect our liver, just as it tries to protect us.

When my primary care physician was about to retire several years ago, it was a dilemma finding a new local one. Tacky me… the only one I had considered was taking no new patients. I overheard a young woman at a support meeting telling someone she was excited about her new physician, and quoted something he’d said. I knew only a very knowledgeable physician of orthomolecular medicine would have said what he was quoted to have said. I got his name, and he’s been my PCP for probably 7 years or more. I asked him one day about his special knowledge — before he decided to go to medical school, he had been in orthomolecular research. At my first visit, he suggested I get Dr. Sherry Rogers’ book, “Detoxify or Die.” There is much guidance in it for detoxifying and for sauna use. Dr. Rogers has about 5 or more medical degrees. Another of her books is “Painfree in Six Weeks.” Her books are available from Prestige Publishing online, but not from usual book stores. If anyone contemplates using the FIR sauna, the Detoxify book has specifics, but so may a program such as is mentioned in the link below. )

[Below just happens to be addressing autism, but stored wastes that would cause all kinds of problems can be stored in our bodies. AF]

http://www.naturalhealth365.com/autism_news/1005_studies_on_autism.html

Quote:
    How do environmental toxins cause autism? There are several possibilities. First, in children who have inherited genes that make them susceptible to autism, exposure to environmental toxins can cause those genes to activate. This can happen in the womb or during the first few years of life.

A second possibility is that exposure to these chemicals is causing spontaneous gene alterations called

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.