Home Forums General Discussion Glucosamine Chon/Turmeric Ginger

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    RevereRosie
    Participant

Does anyone take Glucosamine Chon/Turmeric Ginger supplements? My Pharmacist said it would be o.k to take but several hours away from taking mino. I would appreciate your thoughts on this. I feel it may help with the pain.

kater
    Participant

I take curcumin (the potent part of turmeric) by IV which is amazing for inflammation and also take it orally. I don’t have pain but I would think that something that brings inflammation down might help with pain. I was on glucosamine and chondrotin when I had the arthritis issues initially (I have SD). I also take cinnamon now for my raynaud’s and it is almost gone, though it could also be the general improvement in my condition.
    good luck
    kate

Systemic Scleroderma since 2010. Lyme and Myco P. AP and many other antibiotics and treatments since Nov. 2011. Presently mostly in remission other than fatigue.
    Teva Minocycline 100mg a day. Dessicated tyroid, LDN 4.5, LDI, hawthorne, curcurmin, berberine,, caprylex, reishi mushroom, liver protect, zinc,, fish oils, magnesium, vit K2, d3, bcomp, E, C

Linda L
    Participant

I know that it should be 1500 mg. Many people say it helps, but must be taken regularly for some weeks.
    Linda L.

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

RevereRosie
    Participant

@kater wrote:

I take curcumin (the potent part of turmeric) by IV which is amazing for inflammation and also take it orally. I don’t have pain but I would think that something that brings inflammation down might help with pain. I was on glucosamine and chondrotin when I had the arthritis issues initially (I have SD). I also take cinnamon now for my raynaud’s and it is almost gone, though it could also be the general improvement in my condition.
    good luck
    kate

Kate, I appreciate you input. I also have scleroderma and R/A. I just kept reading so much about these supplements and thought it may help. I have not purchased them yet but I’m seriously thinking of doing so. My Dermatologist mentioned that he thought I also had signs of Raynaud’s along with SD. Thanks for the information about cinnamon.

RevereRosie
    Participant

@Linda L wrote:

I know that it should be 1500 mg. Many people say it helps, but must be taken regularly for some weeks.
    Linda L.

Linda, I will check what the mg should be. Thank you for your input as I value everyone’s opinion on this site.

kater
    Participant

Rosie FYI
    My naturopath initially recommended the glucosamine and chon for me. A different naturopath gave me the IV curcumin and I found it so good I started on the oral. I put myself on the cinnamon also but when I suggested cutting down some supps as I am in remission he said to keep up on the fish oil, cinnamon and turmeric as they were very good for me.
    I see the note about giving up wine because of your teeth. Are you sure it is the wine–or you would have had this before. I hate to see anyone give up red wine uneccssarily lol When I first went on mino my teeth went grey like an old witch. It took the hygenist 3 hours to get it off! But she did. It was from bacterial die off building up on teeth. It lessened over time and now I can go for cleaning about every 5 months instead of every three.
    something to think about
    kate

Systemic Scleroderma since 2010. Lyme and Myco P. AP and many other antibiotics and treatments since Nov. 2011. Presently mostly in remission other than fatigue.
    Teva Minocycline 100mg a day. Dessicated tyroid, LDN 4.5, LDI, hawthorne, curcurmin, berberine,, caprylex, reishi mushroom, liver protect, zinc,, fish oils, magnesium, vit K2, d3, bcomp, E, C

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Rosie,

I use a compounded form of oral curcumin that is, surprisingly, covered by my insurance with just a $10 co-pay. Apparently, 90% of insurance carriers are covering this particular formulation. My doctor prescribed me 600mg three times daily (working up slowly, because it also has some anti-microbial/anti-viral/anti-candida effects). If a doctor will prescribe it, it’s great to get it freshly compounded. If interested, I’d be happy to PM you the pharmacy details.

I must be honest, I haven’t had much pain relief from it, but use it for its many other purported health benefits. The supplement I have found to be most beneficial for pain has been bovine colostrum (lactose-free, grass-fed, organic cattle).

Must admit, I’d love to try the IV form of curcumin that Kater has had! Think I’ll mention this option to my LLMD next time I see him.

Linda L
    Participant

Maz has written: “supplement I have found to be most beneficial for pain has been bovine colostrum (lactose-free, grass-fed, organic cattle: “
    Does bovine colostrum give you more energy? They suggest it to be taken with a protein powder. Thank you.
    Linda L.

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Maz
    Keymaster

@Linda L wrote:

Maz has written: “supplement I have found to be most beneficial for pain has been bovine colostrum (lactose-free, grass-fed, organic cattle: “
    Does bovine colostrum give you more energy? They suggest it to be taken with a protein powder. Thank you.
    Linda L.

Well, the benefits for me have been to feel better in every respect with reduced inflammation, so yes. I also use ImmunoPro which is a non-denatured whey protein powder, but wasn’t aware that they needed to be taken together. Do you have a resource for that, Linda, that you could share? My guess is that for folks who aren’t able to take dairy that the whey protein wouldn’t be advisable.

RevereRosie
    Participant

@Maz wrote:

Hi Rosie,

I use a compounded form of oral curcumin that is, surprisingly, covered by my insurance with just a $10 co-pay. Apparently, 90% of insurance carriers are covering this particular formulation. My doctor prescribed me 600mg three times daily (working up slowly, because it also has some anti-microbial/anti-viral/anti-candida effects). If a doctor will prescribe it, it’s great to get it freshly compounded. If interested, I’d be happy to PM you the pharmacy details.

I must be honest, I haven’t had much pain relief from it, but use it for its many other purported health benefits. The supplement I have found to be most beneficial for pain has been bovine colostrum (lactose-free, grass-fed, organic cattle).

Must admit, I’d love to try the IV form of curcumin that Kater has had! Think I’ll mention this option to my LLMD next time I see him.

I’m very much interested in the compounded form of oral curcumin. I, so much appreciate this information. Also for the pain relief that helps you “Bovine Colostrum”. I jotted down the info for my next order for my supplements.

Rosie

Maz
    Keymaster

@RevereRosie wrote:

I’m very much interested in the compounded form of oral curcumin. I, so much appreciate this information. Also for the pain relief that helps you “Bovine Colostrum”. I jotted down the info for my next order for my supplements.

Rosie

Hi Rosie,

PM sent with details on the above.

RevereRosie
    Participant

Thank you so much. Most appreciated. Rosie

A Friend
    Participant

@Maz wrote:

Hi Rosie,

Maz, All,
    Well… “Birds of a feather” do seem to be “flocking together” today on these subjects. PLUS, another subject (regarding alternatives to Dr. Budwig’s protocol and oils and dairy) that has come to light today, leaving me with a lot of additional homework to study and understand better. I won’t drop the Budwig information on you today. I was already on overload studying the curcumin and related info. Maz, it is interesting about your physician prescribing an RX curcumin. I’d like to read more about this. (I’m under the weather today with a respiratory bug my spouse shared with me. After a couple of days of rest, I’d like to share the highlights on the subjects mentioned in this paragraph. There was also an “ahaa” moment connected with Budwig Protocol and new information to me about dairy and certain oils, etc. that will be interesting to explore with all of you enlightened group of friends!
    AF

Linda L
    Participant

Maz, I have seen this information /colostrum+ protein powder/ on different websites.
    http://www.mrssupplement.com.au
    http://www.saskatooncolostrum.com/…/4698_Why … Take-Colos.

They didn’t write that it is needed, but suggest taking it together.
    Linda L.

vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.