Home Forums General Discussion generic minocycline

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Valsmum
    Participant

I was diagnosed with Ra one year ago this month, not a happy anniverary. I avoided metheltrexate and biologics becuse i was scared of what i read . Then I came across The Road Back and the book The New Arthritis Breakthough. I have a prescription from my rheumy for miniocycline and it is generic, however I feel like I have the flu minus sneezing and sniffles, my body aches, so I am thinking this stuff must be working/herx effect.

Does anyone else use genric and have good effect? I don't mind getting the brand name Minocin, I just didn't know i had to ask specifically for it. Also my Ra is usally in my wrists, heels, knees big time and lower back. But since I have been on minocycline my back feels tingly and hot and I'm thinking this is a good thing. Anyone else get a hot back feeling?  Does the herx effect feel different for everyone?

For me it feels like a body ache.  My rheumy isn't an Ap doctor, he's just a nice guy.

Thank you, any input would be great, so glad to have found TRB!!!

Joe RA
    Participant

[user=2713]Valsmum[/user] wrote:

I was diagnosed with Ra one year ago this month, not a happy anniverary. I avoided metheltrexate and biologics becuse i was scared of what i read . Then I came across The Road Back and the book The New Arthritis Breakthough. I have a prescription from my rheumy for miniocycline and it is generic, however I feel like I have the flu minus sneezing and sniffles, my body aches, so I am thinking this stuff must be working/herx effect.

Does anyone else use genric and have good effect? I don't mind getting the brand name Minocin, I just didn't know i had to ask specifically for it. Also my Ra is usally in my wrists, heels, knees big time and lower back. But since I have been on minocycline my back feels tingly and hot and I'm thinking this is a good thing. Anyone else get a hot back feeling?  Does the herx effect feel different for everyone?

For me it feels like a body ache.  My rheumy isn't an Ap doctor, he's just a nice guy.

Thank you, any input would be great, so glad to have found TRB!!!

Hi: Valsmum  …… I have used generic Minocycline for 5 years now and it worked very well for my severe RA . Ive used  Ranbaxy, Watson, Global and another brand I can't remember, they all worked for me. I switch to Doxycycline last year for a Antibiotic break change , you should do real well on your recovery because you found AP early in your disease. ….. Good Luck …… Joe RA 

Valsmum
    Participant

Thank you Joe, my swelling in my knees seems to be going down and it's only the second week. I know I have to be patient though, I'm in for the long haul. I am avoiding dairy , wheat and nightshades. Dairy swells my knees up like nothing else.

Joanne NJ
    Participant

Hi there, I am on the generic minocycline (Watson brand) and have seen great results. I also wanted nothing to do with the biological meds as they scared me to death. Every RA doc I went to said no to AP, so my primary doc said yes. I have a brother with RA who did AP, so we based my dosing on him (he had an experienced AP doc, but too far for me to see). He has been in remission for over a year now, he does not take any meds at this time. I am seven months in and could not imagine the shape I would be in if it wasn't for AP, I was severe. I would have to say I am 70 % better that what I was 7 months ago. My last labs had my sed rate and CRP back down to normal. I also saw quick results at the start with improvements in swelling going down in about 3 weeks. There have been several herxes along the way, like you described, flu like. My primary problem areas were feet, hands and knees. I use to cry when my feet hit the floor in the morning, the pain was unbearable. Now I get up with no problems, no pain, no stiffness.  I have never had any hip or back flares. I think herx syptoms are different for everyone. It sounds like this is working for you. Hope this helps.

Joanne

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ generic minocycline’ is closed to new replies.