Home Forums General Discussion Generic Minocycline

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    sandratl
    Participant

Hi Everyone, I have a question. Has anyone tried 100mg capsules of generic minocycline made by Zydus or Aurobindo pharmaceuticals successfully? I’ve been trying to see which generic brand of minocycline works best on me. Thanks for any help or advice!

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,

If I had to choose between those two, I would choose Zydus. I have only seen bad reports about Aurobindo on this forum. Zydus mino was formerly Teva mino, which was a fairly popular generic mino on this forum in the past.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Pinkmoth
    Keymaster

I started doing poorly when on Aurobindo so switched to something different. Though I really can’t prove that Aurobindo was a problem. I’d start with zydus if it were me as well and see how that works for you.

Autoimmune: ANA positive speckled. Probable MCTD with SD overlap. Hashimoto's. Possible Erlos Danlos. Mold Illness.
    Infections: Bartonella, toxoplasmosis, mycoplasma, EBV
    Meds: minocycline (Zydus generic) 100mg 1x daily,
    Supps: digestive enzymes, Monolaurin, Betaine hydrochloric acid, iron, quercetin, biocidin

whaleharbor
    Keymaster

The TEVA brand (now Zydus) as Phil pointed out worked for me. I now take the Actavis brand (now owned by TEVA). The Ranbaxy brand was dreadful for me.

Minocycline 100mg every other day with food...lots of food: Zydus brand. Celecoxib 200mg twice per day: Greenstone brand.

redrock
    Participant

The TEVA brand (now Zydus) as Phil pointed out worked for me. I now take the Actavis brand (now owned by TEVA). The Ranbaxy brand was dreadful for me.

I’m confused. Teva owns Zydus and Actavis?

PhilC
    Participant

I’m confused. Teva owns Zydus and Actavis?

Yes, Teva bought Actavis. They also sold the rights to some of their drugs (including minocycline) to G&W Laboratories. Zydus mino is made by G&W Laboratories.

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.