Home Forums General Discussion Fruits and Veggies and Juice Fasting

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Valsmum
    Participant

I decided to try my friend’s approach to her healing/remission from anklosing spondylitis. She juice fasted with veggies and fruits for 10 days and then followed it with a vegan, raw food diet. I decided I did not have much to loose trying it and since it worked for her it might work for me. In the three years I have had RA, my sed rate and crp have been horrible, and I got my labs back this week and they are actually in normal range. I knew I was feeling better but to get back labs that are in normal range is very encouraging to say the least. I am going to keep it up until I am without pain. If I am in remission as far as labs and pain I will spend my time getting the word out that diet does affect our well being. I know how much RA has changed my life and I have more compassion for anyone with an illness or chronic disease I’ll never look at the sick the same way again. I will be a better listener and try to help others more often. I hope I can reach my goal of no pain and tears upon waking and the goal of running 3 miles again.

Let thy food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food.

wildschild
    Participant

Keep us posted on this. I would be interested to see how this turns out.
    Good luck,
    Nancy

Krys
    Participant

Sheri, I’m so happy you are seeing progress!!!

Just a few notes that may be helpful: you may want to blanch the nuts (the skin contains starch) and then soak them for a few hours, then rinse them and discard the water before eating. That should reduce, maybe totally eliminate, lectins and help in digestion.

If you have low body temperature (many rheumatics do have it) raw vegetables and fruits may lower it further (they are considered “cold” by nature according to TCM) and that may be the reason you still experience some pain. Sipping on ginger tea (you can add lemon and honey) will greatly help. Using any warming spices (cinnamon, cardamon, ginger, turmeric, cayenne, I think licorice, too) will help prevent developing the “cold” condition. Sprinkling cinnamon on apple slices may just do it, too!
    Warm packs (like warm water bottle, little sown baggie filled with rice and microwaved to make it warm) on lower abdomen also help.
    My best to you, Krys

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Sheri – that’s really encouraging…and I’ve just read your Personal History update also. So pleased you are seeing and feeling some tangible improvements. I am a great believer in healing the gut as an integral part of the healing road. Will look forward to your next update.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Valsmum
    Participant

Thank you Nancy 🙂

I appreciate the tips Krys, it makes a lot of sense. I still have some visibleswelling but I didn’t have it the day my labs were drawn. There was a study done where a patient with RA was told to stop eating cheese, she ate alot of it. Her arthritis started to get better but when she was given cheese/dairy again her labs came back very high the same day. When she avoided the dairy they would fall again. I was feeling pretty good when my labs were drawn then I wanted to see if I could have some dark chocolate and some decaf coffee. I am thinking I need to get back to just fruits and veggies, and once I am without pain I can branch out and introduce new foods. I wonder how many RA rs have normal labs? I wonder if it common or not, it has never been for me. Thanks again

Lynnie,
    Thanks for the encouragement. Hope you are doing well. Take care

Sheri

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.