Home Forums General Discussion for my friends who deal with RA –

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    cavalier
    Participant

something to look into – it’s also touted by some sites for other Rheumatic /autoimmune issues – http://www.drmagaziner.com/platelet-rich-plasma-therapy-for-rheumatoid-arthritis/

Jill

Joanne NJ
    Participant

I looked into going to this wellness center just a month ago. My hand is showing classic RA deform problems and had heard that Dr. G from that practice does AP, but never confirmed. My hand will need to be addressed at some point. The prolotherapy really sounds promising, better than surgery! And could help so many RA patients. They take no insurance, an office visit is 425.00, but as Maz had pointed out on this board that the fee may be quite justified with the time a Wellness Center dr. will spend with a patient and follow up and be involved in their care.

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Thank you for that link, interesting! I also love the prolotherapy! I am a dancer and had been having terrible pain in my left foot from RA damage, preventing me from dancing walking etc. I finally resorted to thongs to get some relief. After having 2 sessions of prolotherapy it was like magic, yesterday I went to the races and walked around all day in 3 inch heels.

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

cavalier
    Participant

Ladies just to clarify this is NOT Prolotherapy but PRP, which is Plasma Rich Protein it is like a cousin but it’s using your blood spun down to inject where Prolotherapy is sugar ( dextrose) & saline water.

However most doc’s who do Prolotherapy often do PRP as well. Some report help with Prolo but most have even better results with PRP from those who I have talked too. I did Prolo but not PRP. I would sure like to try the PRP.

Jill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.