Home Forums General Discussion For Anybody Considering AP with Dr S in IA

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Ariel
    Participant

I just wanted to share my experience starting the AP with Dr. S. in Ida Grove, IA.

I traveled 5 hours to Ida Grove, IA, to consult with Dr. S. He was wonderful! The biggest difference with Dr. S was talking with a doctor that was so positive πŸ™‚ It was so refreshing! I began the IV treatment on Monday, October 13th. The nursing staff was great. My veins are very small, so it took a few times to get the IV catheter inserted; but then all went well.

While I was there, some of the nurses told me how others have traveled so far to come to Ida Grove to consult with Dr. S and begin the AP. They mentioned one person that came from Ireland, another from Canada, etc. While I was there I met a man from MN. He has had RA for 4 years. He goes to Ida Grove once a year for IV treatments. He was also so encouraging and positive, telling me “This will work for you!” He told me it changed his life and how much he appreciated Dr. S. I really appreciated getting to speak to somebody that could relate to how I was feeling.

On Friday I did a final consultation with Dr. S. Again, he was so positive! It helped me a great deal to have a doctor reinforce that this method works. He encouraged me to continue to eat my vegan diet. He explained that diet does indeed help some people, and I do believe it’s been beneficial for me. He sent me on my way with a prescription for Minocycline.

We enjoyed our time in Ida Grove. Everyone was so nice πŸ™‚

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

hi Ariel;
    I think that half the members here have consulted the poor chap.I know he wanted to retire as I contacted him some years ago but like the “Ever Ready Bunny” he just keeps going and going. hehehe

Ariel
    Participant

Lynne,

Dr. S is “semi-retired”. He only treats those of us with rheumatic disease. So many patients depend on him. I sure hope he trains a replacement πŸ™‚

Denyse
    Participant

@Ariel wrote:

Lynne,

Dr. S is “semi-retired”. He only treats those of us with rheumatic disease. So many patients depend on him. I sure hope he trains a replacement πŸ™‚

I am hoping he trains a replacement too, I would be lost without consulting him!!

CANADIAN LIVING IN CANADA
    Diagnosis/ Diffuse Scleroderma since 05/2006
    Current Meds: Methotrexate, Minocin, Zantac, Rabeprozale, Zopiclone
    Current Supp: Nattokinase, Serrapeptase, COQ10, Milk Thistle, Folate,, B12, D3, Melissa, UP4 probiotics, N-A-C
    medical MJ
    Current Extras: FIR

A Friend
    Participant

@Ariel wrote:

I just wanted to share my experience starting the AP with Dr. S. in Ida Grove, IA.

I traveled 5 hours to Ida Grove, IA, to consult with Dr. S. He was wonderful! The biggest difference with Dr. S was talking with a doctor that was so positive πŸ™‚ It was so refreshing! ……………….
    On Friday I did a final consultation with Dr. S. Again, he was so positive! It helped me a great deal to have a doctor reinforce that this method works. He encouraged me to continue to eat my vegan diet. He explained that diet does indeed help some people, and I do believe it’s been beneficial for me. He sent me on my way with a prescription for Minocycline.

We enjoyed our time in Ida Grove. Everyone was so nice πŸ™‚

Ariel,

Your post about AP with Dr S in IA caught my eye. I, too, went there — every six months for about two years, and then it was no longer necessary because a local AP physician became available. My first experience was such as yours. I loved Dr. S, his and the hospital’s staff, and Ida Grove in general. Nice to hear he now gives some dietary recommendations. That can be very helpful to the patient (especially if the patient knows a bit about his/her blood type, and whether they are acidic or not).

I held my breath as I began to read your post above!!! Dr. S is such an important part in helping patients from all over various continents get better! Some of my treasured memories about the protocol(s) we follow are how patients half way around the world have received help through various people who had ties to Ida Grove and Dr. S! May his tribe increase!!!

AF

Woods1977
    Participant

Although I

Ariel
    Participant

There’s definitely not another one like him. I had to consult him this week regarding my ankle swelling. He is such a good listener and wants to do his best for his patients. I am so thankful to The Road Back for helping me find him.

He’s a real gem!

cavalier
    Participant

Dr S has earned a spot in heaven but we still need this angel of a man on earth still very much! He’s done so much for so many, I’m very grateful to him.

Jill

ellie6
    Participant

Can someone PM me more info on Dr s? Does he take insurance? What arethe costs involved?

Anonymous
    Participant

I need same info on Dr.S. Does he take insurance? If not how much does he charge and how long I need to be there. Someone please PM me with this information.

Ariel
    Participant

Ellie6 & ihatera, I sent you a PM.

Ariel
    Participant

Ellie6 & Ihatera,

I sent you a PM on Thursday, but it doesn’t look like you’ve read them. Just wanted to make sure you knew I wasn’t ignoring you.

cavalier
    Participant

Call his office as to your insurance and ask. Some insurances cover some of the treatment but likely not all costs. Generally a week. Depending on what your treating. They will address your questions.

Best Jill

A Friend
    Participant

@Ariel wrote:

I just wanted to share my experience starting the AP with Dr. S. in Ida Grove, IA.On Friday I did a final consultation with Dr. S……….. He encouraged me to continue to eat my vegan diet. He explained that diet does indeed help some people, and I do believe it’s been beneficial for me.

Ariel, I notice in your signature lines that you include no oils in your diet. Could you share your reason for this? It is my understanding that Essential Fatty Acids (as in flaxseed oil), and other oils like EPA in quality fish oils, and probably others are highly beneficial (in fact, needed/necessary???). Are you including some other things in your diet that take the place of oils such as these?

(I began steadily losing weight for no apparent reason about 1998-99. It was continuing even though I was eating well and good food. From information I found,I began eating whole milk yogurt with Flora brand flaxseed oil stirred in, mid-morning and mid-afternoon. I had read that flaxseed oil was classified as one of the necessary EFA oils. In a year’s time, it had stopped the weight loss, and I had gained back the lost pounds. Two or three years later, I was feeling well and looking like the picture of health. It was accidentally found on a routine neck x-ray when I had neck discomfort, that the combo had apparently stopped developing cancer (which was what was going on with the ongoing weightloss). When I learned from further scans, etc. showing cancer, but no source of it could be found, I became more curious about the Budwig combination, and wanted to read about EFA’s as flaxseed oil. A search found an article on http://www.arthritistrust.org — which can be found alphabetically under a link to “Important Articles”, which discusses under the title: “Essential Fatty Acids Are Essential.” When I read the article, it was about the end of 4 months of many radiological tests and biopsies, trying to determine the source of “presumed” cancer from the films that followed that first x-ray. Ever since that time, I’ve continued eating the combination of flaxseed oil and yogurt and/or cottage cheese (one is EFA’s; and the yogurt/cottage cheese are sulphurated proteins that can act as “carriers” for getting the EFA’s into the cells. Turned out the article I found told about how Dr. Budwig (outstanding German scientist) used this type combo to treat many cancer patients, some of whom were “end stage” and their condition reversed.

A lot of words above. Hope they are coherent. It may be important for those reading our posts to understand why you state you do not use oils in your diet, and if you somehow substitute something else for these.

Thanks for any explanation,
    AF

Ariel
    Participant

I follow the McDougall diet. Here are a couple of links as to why oils are not used.

https://www.drmcdougall.com/health/education/health-science/hot-topics/nutrition-topics/vegetable-fish-oils/

https://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2007nl/aug/oils.htm

This is a diet I’ve followed since September 1st. I fell off of it while I was on vacation last week and will be returning to this way of eating tomorrow. I realize there are many other beneficial ways of eating. This is just the way that I decided to follow because there are others with rheumatoid diseases that use this way of eating (video and written testimonies are on the site) and it just seems to work well for me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.