Home Forums General Discussion For all forum users – if your IP address gets blocked

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    lynnie_sydney
    Participant

This post is for everyone – PLEASE READ

Occasionally one of our forum members will get caught up in an anti-spam blacklisting of IP addresses (each computer has its own, unique IP address). It doesnt mean you are sending SPAM, just that your IP address is with a server that has had a spammer and sometimes your IP address will be caught up in a general blacklisting by one of those databases.

Our new anti-spam measures pick up ALL anti-spam database blacklistings. At present, this is working seamlessly. But, this shut-out of these unbelievable nuisances also means that, occasionally, one of our forum users’ IP addresses will get caught in a blacklist net. It’s not a blacklisting that we’ve instituted, but one that appears on one of the major anti-spam databases. Our system just picks all those up.

If that should happen to you at any time, please email forumadmin@roadback.org (this address is also detailed on our main site),preferably giving your forum username. It is a very quick fix to un-exclude you from this and to quickly get you back onto the forum.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Davit
    Participant

Hi lynnie I haven’t been here in a while because I bought a rebuilt computer that came with a black listed IP number, It should be different now because my computers go through an air card with it’s own IP number.
    If this doesn’t fly then I’m still blocked.

Davit

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi Davit
    I have responded to your email re your password. And I trialled it and was able to access. However that was not with your IP address. Hopefully you will be okay now.

Be well! Lynnie

rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Lynnie,
    I still have a problem not receiving the notification when an e-mail is send.
    Eva

Eva Holloway

Davit
    Participant

I seem to be functioning well on my new Ip number.

Stopped Minocin a while back and seem to have got rid of the chronic staff too. Took Keflex as pre op antibiotic and it was probably a good thing. One day of redness and very bad pain after the cataract surgery. It is gone now. One down, one to go.
    I’m more mobile now than I have been in years.
    Life is good.

Davit

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Lynnie,
    I still have a problem not receiving the notification when an e-mail is send.
    Eva

Hi Eva – I saw your post before on the technical questions thread and asked you if you meant that you are not getting automated alerts when a response is posted? Is that what you mean?

Be well! Lynnie

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Lynnie, there is someone that should not be in the forum, just posted some stupid stuff
    Eva

Eva Holloway

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Eva
    This would be a spam post. We are getting enormous amounts of spam registrations and spam posts. Most of the posts are not visible to forum users as first posts posts of new users require moderator approval and they are deleted (as are the users). Occasionally a spam registration manages to bypass the system and goes straight to the open forum. They are deleted as soon as they are seen.

Be well! Lynnie

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Thank you for your work
    Eva

Eva Holloway

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

😀 😀 😀

Be well! Lynnie

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.