Home Forums General Discussion Food, Inc. on PBS today

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Participant

We talk so much on this board about nutrition and the majority agree we need to pay attention to what we eat.

I haven't seen Food, Inc., but I've heard once you see it you will never look at food the same way.  It's on PBS (9 p.m. around here) so you may want to check your listings and set your recorders.

Bon appetit!

kim

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=40]Kim[/user] wrote:

I haven't seen Food, Inc., but I've heard once you see it you will never look at food the same way. 

Hi Kim,

Thanks for posting this. I had heard about the movie and it settled somewhere in the backburner of my mind, so was glad for your reminder. I have just found it on Netflix and can watch it for free thru our BlueRay. Think this is one for the whole family to watch. 😯

Peace, Maz

Trudi
    Participant

I've got it programmed for tonight, thanks for the heads-up–

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Trudi
    Participant

[user=40]Kim[/user] wrote:

I haven't seen Food, Inc., but I've heard once you see it you will never look at food the same way. 

Hi Kim–

I only watched about 40 minutes of the 2-hour special and what I saw was just sickening.  My husband and I will watch the entire program together. 

Where I live, you used to be able to raise chickens, goats, etc.  This program makes me think that it sure was a good idea (my husband says our neighbors wouldn't be happy with crowing roosters :)).

There are places you can go to around here where you can find grass-fed beef and cage-free chickens, eggs, etc.  Time to frequent them more and all the local farmer's markets.

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

tbird2340
    Participant

We just watched most of it a few nights ago.. It's eye opening to say the least..

It, along with everything else in this world… boils down to one thing…

The almighty dollar..

Sad, really..

Trudi
    Participant

[user=851]tbird2340[/user] wrote:

It, along with everything else in this world… boils down to one thing…

The almighty dollar..

Sad, really..

It sure seems that way!!

Kim
    Participant

I've only watched part of the show, I made it through the chickens and had to stop there  because I didn't have the stomach for any more at that point.  I plan to watch some more today. :sick:

kim

PetRescue
    Participant

Kim-it actually gets a little better, there is an amazing farmer on it and people trying to make a difference-I tivo'd it and skipped back and forth thru the whole thing.

Disgusting, absolutely disgusting. I've seen videos such as these in my work with pet rescue and sadly puppy mills are disgustingly similar. It's where those $800 maltese-poo's at Petland come from. I guess at least we aren't putting them into our body! 

Thank you for letting us know about this film. I'm putting it on my facebook page today. I hope people will watch and most importantly, change!

~jen

Trudi
    Participant

[user=2168]PetRescue[/user] wrote:

Kim-it actually gets a little better..

That's good to know!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ Food, Inc. on PBS today’ is closed to new replies.