Home Forums General Discussion Food allergy tests

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Linda L
    Participant

I would like to ask the forum if food allergy tests are you can rely on. According to your personal experience is it worth to make them?
    I have spoken to the laboratory and they told me that such tests can be only done whilst you are not on any diet. Is it correct?
    Linda L

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Spiffy

I totally believe in them. Go for LEAP MRT or Cyrex Labs Array 10. Finding out my few food allergies has been so helpful. I think I need to try one of these for a bigger picture. I have heard excellent reviews of both.

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Linda L
    Participant

Thank you Spiffy. I will have to find a laboratory here in Australia.
    Linda L

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

jasregadoo

I had quite a few food allergy tests, and they came back with nothing. In my case, either the tests are not sensitive enough, or else I do not have any food allergies. Mine were blood tests. I believe the skin tests can give more sensitive results, though I’m not anyone’s idea of an expert in the matter.

Spiffy

If it were a conventional doctor who ordered your labs, he or she probably only checked your IGE response to foods. In autoimmune, it is the IGG you need to be tested for. This is the delayed reactions to food. Blood food intolerance tests are superior to skin pricks from what I have studied.

supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Spiffy

Note….what I mean by superior….I am talking about learning about food intolerances. Skin pricks are still good and necessary, but usually work best for outside irritants such as cat dander, dust mites, etc. These are also very important.

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.