Home Forums General Discussion First visit to AP doc

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Shannan_Lee
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    I have my first AP Dr. Visit on Monday. Kinda worries. I’ve been looking over my Lyme test and my other labs, it seems things don’t make a diagnosis clear. LLMD said it was Lyme but my bloodwork said it’s was a current infection based on IgM and IgG even though I have been sick for years. I’m always worried that what’s going on is not what or why they think it is. I hope this time is different.

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Shannan,

Lyme is such a weird bug – it waxes and wanes, and I understand that this can make old infection look like a new one when it reactivates. Hopefully, your doc will get to the bottom of things for you, so hang in there!

Worth reading the following link by an experienced Lyme doc in Missouri:

Dr. C’s Western Blot Explanation

Because Borrelia burgdorferi is a chronic persistent infection that may last for decades, you would think patients with chronic symptoms would have positive IgG Western blots.

But actually, more IgM blots are positive in chronic borreliosis than IgG. Every time Borrelia burgdorferi reproduces itself, it may stimulate the immune system to form new IgM antibodies.

Some patients have both IgG and IgM blots positive. But if either the IgG or IgM blot is positive, overall it is a positive result.

This, bearing in mind that one can become infected and then reinfected over time and sometimes people western blot changes after treatment begins. There was a lady here whose daughter was negative prior to treatment, but within several months of starting treatment, her western blot lit up all over the place.

Shannan_Lee
    Participant

Hi Maz.
    Thank you, that does ease my mind. How do you keep track of all the information you have? It’s a f/t job just answering my questions alone.🤪. Thank you for your feedback, it’s always welcome!

Maz
    Keymaster

Just glad it may have helped to relieve some of your concern, Shannan. Wishing you the best!

Pinkmoth
    Keymaster

How did it go, Shannan?

Autoimmune: ANA positive speckled. Probable MCTD with SD overlap. Hashimoto's. Possible Erlos Danlos. Mold Illness.
    Infections: Bartonella, toxoplasmosis, mycoplasma, EBV
    Meds: minocycline (Zydus generic) 100mg 1x daily,
    Supps: digestive enzymes, Monolaurin, Betaine hydrochloric acid, iron, quercetin, biocidin

Shannan_Lee
    Participant

Hi Pinkmoth,
    Sorry I havent responded sooner. My appointment was good with the AP doctor. So many things have come up since then I was not able to follow up with her. My daughter is her patient and has had some major issues this summer so we have been addressing those first. I am glad to say that she is doing so much better. I will try to get myself back to the doctor soon. She is 6 hours away so it is like panning a trip. I have to get hotel for two nights and such. Cost a bit too as she does not take my insurance and she requires so much blood work. My daughters initial blood work was $3K. Today was the first day of wintery weather where I live and I am in so much pain. It sucks.

How are you?

Spiffy1

Even if she does not take your insurance if she will use one of the more common labs when possible like Quest or Labcorp the bloodwork can still be covered. I pay cash/credit for my doctor visit but my labs are pretty covered by insurance. Check on this. Your insurance will also help get your bill down by only allowing certain charges.

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.