Home Forums General Discussion Fingers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Linda L
    Participant

Can anyone explain it ? Years ago I was fighting to keep my fingers straight. I had hot wax baths, massages and splints for the night. Last years something opposite happened. It is more difficult to bend my fingers now than keep them straight. I don’t know why.

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Linda,

Did you have any respiratory infections last year?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Linda L
    Participant

Sorry Phil I couldn’t reply earlier. Now I am OK.
    I didn’t have any, but there is always something. Every two days I take Mobic. A day after I feel like having a small flue with coughing. I must take some probiotics and it helps and disappears. In the past I had three times clamydia pneumonia detected as low positive but they didn’t know if it was in the past or was present.
    Also I am very sensitive to cold weather and cold drinks. My throat is immediately sore, my crystal voice changes but for a short time,

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Linda,

Every two days I take Mobic. A day after I feel like having a small flue with coughing.

I’ve taken meloxicam a few times, and I’ve decided that I don’t like that drug. Once I took half a tablet (3.75 mg) two days in a row, and the second day my feet swelled up so much that my toes started hurting because the skin was being stretched so much. I haven’t taken it since, and will probably never take it again. Another member of this forum was taking meloxicam, and he told me that it gave him terrible headaches.

Phil

- Albert Einstein

Linda L
    Participant

Thank you Phil. I take 15 mg and it is the only one here. It helps with pain but maybe it does other damage. It is possible. What can I try then?

vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Linda,

It is unfortunate that etodolac and nabumetone are not available in Australia since those are two of the safest NSAIDs. I think Australians should write to a bunch of drug companies and ask them why they aren’t making and selling those drugs. And be sure to let them know that you wish they would.

Since Mobic is causing problems for you, I think you should ask your doctor if he’ll let you try Orudis SR or Oruvail SR (slow-release ketoprofen). Ketoprofen has been shown to have superior efficacy when compared with ibuprofen and diclofenac. It is most likely superior to meloxicam as well. The reason this is important is because a low (or normal) dose of ketoprofen may be as effective, or more effective, than the high dose of meloxicam that you are currently taking.

References:

Comparison of Efficacy of Ketoprofen and Ibuprofen in Treating Pain in Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/pmid/33674957/

Efficacy of ketoprofen vs. ibuprofen and diclofenac: a systematic review of the literature and meta-analysis
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23711416/

A double-blind cross-over evaluation of ketoprofen (Orudis) and ibuprofen in the management of rheumatoid arthritis
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/377448/

Phil

- Albert Einstein

Linda L
    Participant

It is well known that the medical authorities arę difficult here. I have spoken to them on numerous occasions. They don’t listen to the public because they know better. Thank you so much, Phil. I will read about it.

vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.