Home Forums General Discussion FINALLY UNDER CONTROL

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    maz.aust
    Participant

Hi everyone,

As you know I for a variety of reasons in Jan/Feb tested for 2 wks mtx (which is 2 tablets) & then for 2 wks arava (1 a day) and was severely allergic to both. Rheumy told me to go back onto AP as it had worked for me for some 7 or so years.

Well long story short — I have been having flares off and on for the last 5 mths (probably herx’s) – not unbearable but still bad, and in the middle of that the tendons at the back of my knees (not the joints) were playing up for some reason — everyone put it down to my PRA/RA/Fibro — however I have never had any issues with my legs/knees/ankles so, at my insistence, I had an ultrasound yesterday and they found a ruptured bakers cyst — & my blood tests came back today and levels are way down — seems everyone was barking up the wrong tree…lol

My arthritis is actually back under control & rest will fix the rupture and the herxing has stopped so I am virtually pain free again.

Jumping for joy at my end.

Can’t believe that messing with my immune system for such a short period of time took so long to get things back to my normal.

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

Taco
    Participant

Good to hear. About as bad as being treated for ra and not having it.

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Glad you are better.

Jan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.