Home Forums General Discussion Eyesight worsening

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello, 2 weeks ago i started to see orange spots..from a week my eyesight is worsening, for example i see what i text on the phone but i almost recognize people, etc.. My gp is an eye doctor, he examined me and said i am ok but the orange spots are smth like toxic reaction, organism sends false signals to the brain and it is temporary, the problem is that my eyesight is worsening,tommorow i will test my liver and we will discuss the therapy, can u tell me is it possible to be because of the doxycycline, what is your opinion and what to do? i take sulfasalazine 2×1, doxycycline m w f 100 mg, medrol daily 1/2, RA, I have myopia and astigmatism.

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Kitty,

Don’t think anyone has reported seeing orange spots here from low dose doxy, so unable to share anything on that as a possible side-effect or herx situation. Prednisone (medrol) can cause eyesight issues when taken long term, including high eye pressure, blurred vision, and cataracts. One of the side-effects of sulphasalazine I’ve read about can be to experience orange skin and urine, but unsure if it could cause orange-tinted vision changes. It’s good to get liver function tests. If liver is affected by doxy, the whites of the eyes may turn yellow from increased bilirubin but also unsure if that would cause orange-tinted vision.

Is your doc an ophthalmologist who could test your eye pressures? Opticians can also do this. How long have you been on medrol and how does the dose equate to milligrams? Also, have you been on sulphasalazine long?

I hope you find your answers!`

Anonymous
    Inactive

I take medrol 1/2 and doxy from 1 month, sulfasalazine from 2 years, today i tested my liver everything is ok, my gp is ophtalmologist, my eyes are ok. My eyesight is ok today.

Maz
    Keymaster

That’s very good to hear, Kitty!

Just out of interest, you said Medrol 1/2, but do you know the milligrams of one whole tablet you are taking?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Medrol is 4 mg, For me, a small amount or inflammation is almost always high. The eyesight worsening is obviously temporary and i guess it’s from doxy, doc said that medrol do things like that but is very early for me to experience so serious symptoms. He said that my case is smth like a temporary spasm /false signal to the brain/toxic reaction. I take doxycyclin stada. I was very frightened really.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.