Home Forums General Discussion Extraordinary benefits of Rosehips

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Maz
    Keymaster

Some of us here take daily Vit C that is buffered with rosehips to help avoid hyperpigmentation while on minocycline. My sister sent this article to me today on Live Science and thought it was worth passing along.

“Results from two different arthritis studies have confirmed that an active ingredient of rose hips has been shown to protect and possibly rebuild joint tissue broken down by arthritis. The latest results, presented at the osteoarthritis Research Society International (ORSI) World Conference in Rome, explained the mechanism of protein GOPO(R) found in rose hips. This extract, has demonstrated the ability to protect vulnerable cartilage and possibly stimulate its regeneration. GOPO(R) has also been shown to improve mood, increased energy and sleep quality of those affected by arthritis.”

“At the forefront of the ORSI World Conference were the results of two studies demonstrating the benefits of GOPO(R). The first study examined the effects of rose hip powder on cartilage cells (chrondrocytes) responsible for building cartilage in the joints. The study found that GOPO(R) deactivated genes responsible for certain protein and enzymatic triggers of joint destruction by an inflammation reaction by the body. It was also seen to switch on genes which help produce collagen and cartilage, which is a key to joint repair. This study also saw that rose hip powder was able to inhibit the production of inflammatory mediators such as nitric oxide (NO) and prostaglandin E2 (PGE2).”

http://www.livescience.com/health/080926-roses-arthritis.html

Peace, Maz

swollen
    Participant

Maz-

I am going to get this too- the vitamin c with rosehips. I have spotting on one side of may neck to my shoulder. I wouldn't have known it is probably from the abx unless I was reading these posts and I have to say it looks strange, I wouldn't know what to think about them- but I see that if you take the abx you could get them.  Spots are white and neck gets pinkish. Would the rosehips help this? Also I am going to try a herb that is mentioned in the  my post -( doctors visit about possible yeast infection) proent 2 which has oregano for yeast infection. I will have to take the time to read more about this herb but if it can do what the diflucan can do- I will try it. Then I don't have to ask a doctor. Thanks for everything.

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Swollen,

I have to see if I can find the actual study that was done in Rome, because they may have used a specific form/dose of rosehips. The rosehips in Vit C are supposed to act as a buffer to protect the stomach lining. Maybe not the same thing?

There is some info on the main website about hyperpigmentation from minocycline, which is usually in the form of blue/gray skin patches or freckles. Skin biopsies that were done on these patches found that there was a higher concentration of iron in those areas. Mino is known to bind to minerals and this may be a result of this, but I'm not clear on the exact mechanism….just that Vit C is known to help metabolise iron in the body.

What you're describing sounds more like a loss of pigmentation, such as that found in vitiligo. You'd have to ask your doc for a specific diagnosis. Sometimes vitiligo can be genetic or the result of thyroid. You can look this up on Wikipedia to see if it rings any bells for you.  

All the best with the oregano for yeast…I believe graprefruit seed extract is also very good for this. If you type these key words in the search box above a few threads should pop up with more info. A Friend shared some info on grapefruit seed extract recently.

Peace, Maz

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ Extraordinary benefits of Rosehips’ is closed to new replies.