Home Forums General Discussion Extensor Tenosynovitis???

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    suera
    Participant

Anybody? Today I've learned that I have this too, of course need surgery ASAP, blah blah. Any info would be appreciated.

linda
    Participant

Sue, I don't think I can even pronounce that! I'm sorry to hear of this new dilemma. All I would advise is that you get a second opinion from another doctor, but that's just basic medical advice. Wish I knew more.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Sue – yes I know this. It's a form of tendonitis in the sheath that surrounds the tendons that are in the first compartment of the wrist. Will show up on x-ray. I had this about 12-15 years ago. I was told first line of treatment is a cortisone shot into the wrist, then a 2nd shot only if necessary. If this doesnt work, then it's a simple op. In my case, the first shot worked and I've not had the problem again. Have you had this/was it offered to you? Lynnie 

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

suera
    Participant

Lynne she kind of pooh poohed the cortisone shot because I have had this bump on my wrist for over 3 years. I never worried about it because it was one of the few things that didn't hurt:doh: I have another appointment for xrays and some nerve test so I will ask her then. I think she didn't want to bother with the shot because I have been on so many other anti inflammatory drugs that didn't make a dent. To me, it doesn't seem like inflammation but a jelly filled lump. It does seem better to try the shot before they cut me open again:shock:
    Thanks for the input.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ Extensor Tenosynovitis???’ is closed to new replies.