Home Forums General Discussion Dry Needle Triggerpoint Therapy for SD

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kater
    Participant

so, I had my first session of dry needle triggerpoint therapy today. Not exactly fun times but my neck is turning much better 😀
    In BC this is done by an MD and covered under medical services plan–probably the first therapy I haven’t had to pay for out of pocket. This technique is mostly used for acute muscle pain but also works for tightening of the connective tissue and fascia. A needle is inserted rapidly and repeatedly into the fascia in the tight spots. I think for muscle issues it is inserted slowly and deeply. It was quite uncomfortable and lots of electric shocks down my arms. I had this done on my neck and sides of my face. I have some bruising but I would say the release was very good! Now will see if it lasts . I have another session booked in mid August I also do ongoing myofascial release which is also very helpful (with a massage therapist) but the dry needle works at a deeper level.
    I have only heard one person mention this before so thought I would throw it into the mix for your consideration.
    cheers
    kate

Systemic Scleroderma since 2010. Lyme and Myco P. AP and many other antibiotics and treatments since Nov. 2011. Presently mostly in remission other than fatigue.
    Teva Minocycline 100mg a day. Dessicated tyroid, LDN 4.5, LDI, hawthorne, curcurmin, berberine,, caprylex, reishi mushroom, liver protect, zinc,, fish oils, magnesium, vit K2, d3, bcomp, E, C

jaminhealth
    Participant

I have a friend who’s neck is pretty frozen in both directions….she’s tried a lot and headed back to her accupuncture MD and out of pocket money…..I’ll mention this to her.

I get Mesotherapy Injections (homeopathic), rheumy, some treatments, give close to 100 quick injections around my body…they are billed as trigger point injections. There is a lot online re: Pain and Mesotherapy, Arthritis and Mesotherapy….

Not a cure, but relief…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.