Home Forums General Discussion Doxycycline / Vit C /Kills Cancer Cells

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    lemons
    Participant
    Maz
    Keymaster

Thanks for sharing, Lemons! Did you see this study, published in 2015? It’s published in the same medical journal (Oncotarget) as the study referenced in your news article, so suspect it’s the same research team, but would have to check and will edit later with the new study info.

Antibiotics that target mitochondria effectively eradicate cancer stem cells, across multiple tumor types: treating cancer like an infectious disease. Oncotarget. 2015 Mar 10;6(7):4569-84.

My guess is that very toxic substances are released by dying cancer cells, producing lots of free radicals that the Vit C helps to mop up.

Meanwhile, here in the US: FDA cracks down on ‘illegal’ cancer treatments, including those long-espoused by the Vitamin C Foundation.

EDIT: Looks like perhaps some of the original team were involved as the earlier 2015 Antibiotic/Cancer research above conducted at Manchester Uni.

NADH autofluorescence, a new metabolic biomarker for cancer stem cells: Identification of Vitamin C and CAPE as natural products targeting “stemness” Oncotarget. 2017; 8:20667-20678.

lemons
    Participant

Hello Maz,
    How are you ?
    I have read that study, but it’s so good when the media start to pick up on what we already know.
    N x

Maz
    Keymaster

I’m doing really well, Lemons! Hope things are still going beautifully for you, too, and your friend is doing better. I love it when I see the same group of researchers going after something like a dog digging up a bone. It’s like they know they’ve hit gold and they just have to convince the rest of the world. LOL

lemons
    Participant

He was diagnosed with reactive arthritis and diabetes. I think all these diagnostic labels suck. What was the reactive component in the arthritis? No further tests, the NHS can’t afford to provide 1st class treatment anymore.Sad times.

Maz
    Keymaster

Darn it, I was reading some research about PsA and diabetes the other day…if I recall where I saw it, I’ll PM you. There is some connection with diabetes and fungal overgrowth…dysregulation of sugars. Folks I’ve spoken with who treat Candida find their sugar levels come down. Sort of vicious cycle stuff. That wasn’t what I read but just another tidbit I remember.

Linda L
    Participant

More and more countries treat cancer with intravenous vitamin C /Germany, Czech Republic, South America/ They get excellent results.

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Karen-NJ-USA
    Participant

Thank you for those articles and studies Lemons and Maz. Maz, that is particularly interesting about diabetes and fungal overgrowth. I had read multiple success stories on this forum by using the abx, anti-viral, anti-fungal combination. I was thrilled when my new integrative MD prescribed Valacyclovir (antiviral) and Nystatin (anti-fungal) after testing me. (He has also just discovered high levels of lead, he’s going to do one more test before we start chelating). This forum is so helpful!!

Speaking of vitamin C, I searched the forum looking to see if anyone has taken high dose vitamin C, or IV vitamin C to help with RA/Lupus. I found tons of info on using C to reduce the dark skin spots (all over my legs, obviously not enough C) but nothing on high dose C for helping with other symptoms (except some on die off reactions.) Do either of you know of success stories for lupus/RA symptoms (pain, high CRP) using high dose or IV vitamin C?

Karen

Lupus/Rheumatoid Arthritis overlap, tachycardia, hypo-thyroid, high lead and other metals. Valacyclovir (anti-viral), Nystatin (anti-fungal), Vitamin A, Zinc, iron. Formerly: Minocycline June 2007 to March 2017; Doxy; 3 weeks IV Clindamycin; 9 years plaquenil (useless); 1 year Methotrexate (useless). Quality supplements, no processed food, no grain, all organic.

lemons
    Participant

Hello Karen,
    When I was taking Minocycline, I took huge amounts of oral Vic C, still do. I buy the natural orange flavoured ones and eat them like sweets. You can’t really overdose on Vit C, as the body doesn’t store it. I think there is a small risk of kidney stones though, but I swear by it and I think it has helped. I’ve recently added rosemary supplements to my list. There have been some interesting studies on that herb recently.
    Nancy.

richie
    Participant

Hi I use vit C daily 1000 mg –helps with frequency of colds —as to Czech Republic –they actually have a terrible record in the handling of cancer –Early diagnosis rate is terrible –I figure they encounter much late stage cancer and try many desperation treatments —in other words the Czechs are certainly not in any forefront of treating cancer —–this brings up my pet peeve –Sometimes people peddle foods or vitamins or what have you and tell you how it was discovered say in the Amazon rain forest by the Indians there —they live on average till about 45 years old and they want me to buy this !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I run away LOL
    !!!!

richie
    Participant

HEY Lemons –No Chinese food ????? I cant begin to envision life without Chinese food —

lemons
    Participant

Hello Richie,
    I love Chinese food, but sadly, it hates me. Whenever I eat it, my fingers swell and puff up. This happened way before the RA diagnosis.Maybe it’s the soy sauce I always drown it in ?
    Kind of agree with you about the vitamin supplements, however I have whittled them down to just a few now, at one point I was taking about twenty! The rosemary supps are just home made, I buy empty capsules and make them myself, for pennies rather than pounds.
    When you do make these supplements yourself, you realise what a rip off they are, compared to when buying them from health food shops etc. I did have a go at making several jars of fermented vegetables recently, purely because of the pro-biotic benefits. I won’t be doing that again, it was absolutely disgusting !!!
    Nancy.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

lemons – a couple of thoughts on Chinese food. Are you sensitive to gluten? Most soy sauces contain gluten. The other potential issue might be MSG. I can’t eat food with MSG – gives me a raging thirst, sometimes a headache and I’m not sure about swelling – it’s been a long time since I had any 🙂

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

lemons
    Participant

Hello Lynnie.
    I don’t suffer any pain, just swollen fingers on the occasion. The tests are just so expensive, and as I am needle phobic, any mention or suggestion of blood tests, I’m heading for the door quicker than a greased weasel.
    N x

I had Vit C IV twice a week for a long time, along with Clindamycin

I had Vit C IV. twice a week for a long time, years in fact, Really
    feel it made a huge difference. Still take the powder now.
    How do you take the Rosemary I have it in the garden? In hot water?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.