Home Forums General Discussion Doxycycline Reversing SD Skin Thickening

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    enzed
    Participant

Minocycline for SD did not agree with me and I was changed to Doxycycline after 6 months on Mino.

After 3 weeks on Doxy I have experienced a major improvement in skin thickening.

When I smiled one side of my face had deep lines while the other side did not. It looked weird. The deep lines suddenly disappeared 2 days ago so there was a change in the collagen. The skin on that side of my face has softened too so my face looks and feels normal again with both sides having matching ‘smiling’ wrinkles now.

The backs of my hands changed too – the skin thickening there is definitely less and the skin has softened considerably.

This is a major improvement as a result of taking Doxy 200mg daily. It has happened very suddenly. Amazing!!

Maz
    Keymaster

Fantastic news, Enzed! So happy for you! Keep up the good work and you will get there. 🙂 Still rooting for you here in Connecticut.

enzed
    Participant

@Maz wrote:

Fantastic news, Enzed! So happy for you! Keep up the good work and you will get there. 🙂 Still rooting for you here in Connecticut.

Thanks so much Maz for your advice and support and especially for putting me in touch with Dr ‘S’. He has been a godsend to me. The change from Mino to Doxy he recommended has been wonderful for me. The Raynauds seems a little improved too, although it might be too soon to say that for sure. I no longer have the extreme reaction to the die off as I did on Mino.

I see the rheumy again in August – the last time I saw him he noted and measured the skin thickening on my hands and one side of my face. I wonder what he will make of the improvements???? I will be sure to tell him about Doxy and Dr ‘S’ and make sure he listens this time. He’s a very good person but very one eyed about treatment for SD.

My family doctor is on 4 months leave but his locum is fully in support of AP for me and she has asked me to take her some printouts next week. I have selected and printed some from the list you sent me. She’s from New Zealand so before she leaves Australia I will get her contact details so you can pass them on to patients in New Zealand who are searching for an AP doctor.

Maz
    Keymaster

@enzed wrote:

My family doctor is on 4 months leave but his locum is fully in support of AP for me and she has asked me to take her some printouts next week. I have selected and printed some from the list you sent me. She’s from New Zealand so before she leaves Australia I will get her contact details so you can pass them on to patients in New Zealand who are searching for an AP doctor.

Oh, that will be GREAT, Enzed! Please send details to Lynnie, because she is maintaining the lists for Auz and NZ. So kind of you to think to do this.

As for me, I can’t wait to hear about the rheumy’s reaction! 😆

cavalier
    Participant

So glad Doxy is making the difference for you sometimes it takes a change if one is not effective. If it is helping in 3 to 4 wk’s you should be able to tell if there is any benefits, this is why I sometimes don’t agree when a doc wants to keep us on a med & it’s been 6 months or more especially if you are worsening.

Jill SD Lyme CPn Candida & heavy metals

richie
    Participant

HI–Three to four weeks is really not enough time to judge if the particular meds that are used in treating rheumatic illnesses are effective or not –If we talk about blood pressure meds or other meds benefits should be seen within 3-4 weeks –but in treating rheumatic disease -more time is definitely needed —
    richie

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.