Home Forums General Discussion Doxycycline fail

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    CMS12
    Participant

Tried doxycycline for 1 1/2 month as minocycline was causing a lot of hyperpigmentation. Didn’t work. I was doing great on my last bit of Minocin I had stockpiled but all symptoms returned. I’m now switching to Par minocycline tablets and wondering if anyone is taking that. If so, how are you doing?

Thanks much, Cindy

Spiffy1

Cindy, I did very well on PAR. It was my go to brand then all of a sudden they gave me a different generic and I broke out in a rash so they changed it again and I broke out in another rash. So now I have to have Minocycline compounded and she uses methyl cellulose only as the filler. I searched and searched for PAR and was unable to find it. I feel you are fortunate. However, other people on the forum did not do well on it. We are all different for sure. Let us know what you think.

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

CMS12
    Participant

Thanks so much, Spiffy. I’m starting it tomorrow.

PhilC
    Participant

I took Par 50 mg tablets for about five years. They worked well for me.

How much doxy were you taking?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Hi all, I have been taking 50mgs am and pm of Doxy NWF for 6 weeks plus 250 mgs arthromycin MWF and have been having a mega flare in places I have never felt pain. Should I increase the Doxy or stop! Any suggestions would be great!

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Annie;
    Is this the first time taking Arthromycin? Every time I would add a new antibiotic or drastically change the dosage I would HERX big time but leveled off after a while.That went on for years

CMS12
    Participant

Hi Phil – Thanks for the response. I was taking 100 mg. of doxy 1 x a day for about a month and increased to 2 x a day for about 3 weeks. I continued to decline. Possible Herx but I don’t think so as symptoms were quite similar to when I failed on generic Watson and Teva minocycline.

Your thoughts are always welcome.

Cindy

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Thanks Lynne for your reply, I actually have been doing Zith for quite a while but the new Rheumy wanted me to up my Mtx and take Plaquenil as well. I thought I would try Doxy instead! But been having a big flare for the last couple of weeks and to be quite honest not sure what to do. I also have started baking soda daily after all the hipe 🙄 maybe that’s the problem, I should have started one thing at a time! I think a dose of steroids will help!

Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.